Skip to main content

Kids say the darnest things...

Yesterday I had my first experience with not being able to hold my laughter in when a student answered a question.
Let me set the scene for you. Science class. 2:00 p.m. We have been talking about animals for the past few days. We have reviewed that mammals are animals that have fur or hair and feed milk to their babies. I was digging for these responses when I prompted, "Who can tell us one of the things we learned about mammals today?" Sweet little girl must have been only looking at the picture of the captivating border collie on the page because she responds, "They all chase cats!"

And here's the part where I seriously stand there holding my breath for about 10 seconds, which felt like forever, and then I let out a small laugh. I just couldn't stop myself though. As quickly as I could, I just kept on moving through the lesson. I didn't even laugh when a little boy said that "All mammals... go to the BATHROOM! hehehehe." Somehow then I simply responded, "Yes, they do. Let's look at the reptiles now."

A characteristic of the normal child is he doesn't act that way very often. ~Author Unknown

In case you were wondering, my children are definitely not normal. Goodness, though, I am happy to see each one of their sweet, smiling faces each day! (No matter how rotten crazy they are some days!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BS #3- 22 weeks

22 weeks with Reid, Savannah, and BS #3! 😍 How far along: 22 weeks  Weight gain- up 7 lbs overall. I have been eating more sweets this week and need to reign it in! Buttttt.... Exercise- Reid, Zach, Savannah, and I did take a long walk today in our neighborhood and I’m hoping to do it daily.  Most exciting thing this week- baby girl had hiccups for the first time this week and I could feel them all! Zach also got to feel her a couple times for the first time this week! Same timing as he did with Savannah! So cool! Cravings- sweet, Chick- fil- a, Parlor doughnuts  Aversions/ anything making you sick- not this week! Yay!!! Reid’s thoughts- he still likes to kiss my belly and ran in and talk to baby and tell her how precious she is! One day he told her he can’t wait to see her in October! Savannah’s thoughts- I have started asking her when she’s laying on her changing table if Mama has a baby in her belly and one day she patted her own b...

Family room re-do featuring.... my curtains! : )

For a while now, we've planned on finally finishing our family room.  That's right, it's kind of been unfinished for the entire time we've lived there.  It was painted and decorated, just no molding and the ceiling was hideous because we (and by we, I mean Zach) took down the drop ceiling the previous owners had put up.  So, anyway, I looked at curtains and didn't really find anything I liked, so I decided I was going to make my own.  Zach and I looked at Jo-Ann's a couple times and each time we looked I liked this fabric more and more.  It was the most expensive fabric I've ever bought, but in the end, it was sooooo worth it! (*Note- I bought the fabric in January before NSM! : )) Here we are at Mama Joyce's one day after church cutting the panels.  I think we were all nervous to cut it.  It was too costly to mess up! Fast forward a couple weeks because I didn't have time, was lazy, and also scared to sew on it, and I finally just delved in an...

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                     ...