Skip to main content

Fall "Break"

I kicked my fall break off by semi-sleeping in on Friday morning.  I barely remember Zach kissing me goodbye and leaving for class, but only minutes after I was getting my wake-up call from little Miss Nellie.  I got up with her and snuggled and then got out the paint.

Saturday morning I convinced Zach to make me pancakes and he upped the anty by making them Halloween chocolate chip ones! : )
The bathroom wall is still really rough, so we're going to have to do something else to it, but at least we got up all our fixtures up for now!  



 Saturday night it was so cold, we ran by Thornton's and got cappucino after (unsuccessfully) searching for me a costume.
Sunday afternoon we went deer hunting and sat in Zach's new deer stand that replaced the one someone stole last year!
 
He loves having me with him! (I think!)
 

 Monday, I ran errands and picked up a cupcake from a place called the Pace Tre.   I've had their cupcakes before, each one more delicious than the one before it, but this one was dissapointing.  It was oreo with oreo icing, but it kind of tasted like toothpaste.  Now, I love cupcakes more than the average person, so this was especially sad!!  Next time I know what not to get!
 The rest of the day Monday I spent cutting out the fabric for my costume!  This is what Nellie thought about that...

 It as a great fall break, but as always, it seemed to go by entirely too quickly!  It was not easy getting up that next morning.  Have I ever mentioned I'm not exactly a morning person?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BS #3- 22 weeks

22 weeks with Reid, Savannah, and BS #3! 😍 How far along: 22 weeks  Weight gain- up 7 lbs overall. I have been eating more sweets this week and need to reign it in! Buttttt.... Exercise- Reid, Zach, Savannah, and I did take a long walk today in our neighborhood and I’m hoping to do it daily.  Most exciting thing this week- baby girl had hiccups for the first time this week and I could feel them all! Zach also got to feel her a couple times for the first time this week! Same timing as he did with Savannah! So cool! Cravings- sweet, Chick- fil- a, Parlor doughnuts  Aversions/ anything making you sick- not this week! Yay!!! Reid’s thoughts- he still likes to kiss my belly and ran in and talk to baby and tell her how precious she is! One day he told her he can’t wait to see her in October! Savannah’s thoughts- I have started asking her when she’s laying on her changing table if Mama has a baby in her belly and one day she patted her own b...

Family room re-do featuring.... my curtains! : )

For a while now, we've planned on finally finishing our family room.  That's right, it's kind of been unfinished for the entire time we've lived there.  It was painted and decorated, just no molding and the ceiling was hideous because we (and by we, I mean Zach) took down the drop ceiling the previous owners had put up.  So, anyway, I looked at curtains and didn't really find anything I liked, so I decided I was going to make my own.  Zach and I looked at Jo-Ann's a couple times and each time we looked I liked this fabric more and more.  It was the most expensive fabric I've ever bought, but in the end, it was sooooo worth it! (*Note- I bought the fabric in January before NSM! : )) Here we are at Mama Joyce's one day after church cutting the panels.  I think we were all nervous to cut it.  It was too costly to mess up! Fast forward a couple weeks because I didn't have time, was lazy, and also scared to sew on it, and I finally just delved in an...

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                     ...