Skip to main content

Bumpdate: Week 37




How Far along: 37 weeks

Baby's size: Size of a winter melon- Around 6.5 lbs!

Weight loss/gain: 25 lbs.

Sleep: 3-4 bathroom trips a night.  It had been a little exhausting getting up that much, but at least I am good at going back to sleep after that!  I also have been sleeping with just the sheet on me while Zach snuggles in everything else, which is fine with me.  I do not want to be hot at all!

Gender: B-O-Y

Movement: Huge jabs and limbs moving around.  I can totally feel his head when he turns it!

Best Moment of this week: The fact that I barely swelled at all.  I was so excited! 

Looking Forward: Next Dr. appt to see what BBS is up to!

Food cravings: Nope!

Anything making you feel sick or queasy: Nope!

Symptoms: Less swelling!  Yay!  I pretty much feel great!  My hips only get a tiny bit sore overnight if I lay on one side too long.

Dr. Appt: : )  I am now 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced.  When Dr. B was checking me, he looks up and said, "Wow! Head is LOW!"  He then said if he was a betting man, that baby boy will have a teen's birthday. He said, ""13th, 15th, 17th..." and then I said, "Well, his Daddy's birthday is the 18th!"  My blood pressure is still awesome, I hate weighing, and baby's heartrate was in the 140's.  The only slight bummer is that I tested positive for Group B Strep (which 15% of pregnant women do) so I will have to have an antibiotic through an IV twice while I'm in labor.  While I know this isn't a big deal at all, and I have no reason to be upset, I am just bummed because I realllly didn't want to have to be hooked up to an IV.  Hopefully though (and I'm going to ask because I didn't think of it this week!) I can be hooked up and then unhooked for the time I'm not receiving the antibiotics.  We shall see!

Workouts:  Ha. Ha. Ha. Walking around school all day doing my job.  House work at home. 

What I miss: We have been working at our old house so much to get it ready for the renters, that I miss just being lazy and sitting at home with Zach and Nellie.  I feel like we get home, let Nellie out, feed her, and then take off only to come back at bedtime.  Poor girl doesn't understand that what we're doing is necessary!

Things that stink: Not having the old house finished yet!

Things that don't stink: The fact that we do have people lined up to rent our old house!  The fact that BBS is making progress, but seems to be willing to stay put until I finish work! (Or so I hope!)

Labor signs?:Not that I know of!  I told Dr. B I didn't think I'd know a contraction until it hit me over the head!  He laughed and said, "Oh, you'll know!"

Mama's Thoughts: I still can't believe that the Dr. Thinks BBS will be early. I guess it will be one of those "I'll believe it when I see it," type deals! I also have to say I'm not the least bit worried about delivering baby boy, but more so of how I will deal with him and everyone around me when he gets here. I have always been one who wants to go and see a new baby, but usually hold off unless it's a blood relative. And even then I can think of a time I stayed at the hospital too long! I am nervous about having visitors hanging around and also trying to nurse and take care of myself! Hopefully people will understand if we don't constantly take visitors! Something I've never thought of until we're fixing to go through it!

Daddy's Thoughts: I was telling Zach to feel BBS move the other night and he said, "I want to be able to finally hold him!" : ) So I guess one of us is ready for him to be here! Maybe Zach will be the one of us to start nesting, too!

Baby: He is a little less active some days, but then there are days he barely stops moving around. I wonder what on Earth it is like for him to be floating around in me! I'm guessing he likes it, though, as he seems content to kick out my sides! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t