Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap-Up November 17-23

Sunday we had church and ate at Zach's parents' house for some yummy supper.  Nellie always loves visiting her Nana and Poppy!

Monday I had a Dr.'s appointment, so I got to take off 1.5 hours earlywe ate some delicious Fazoli's and ran to Target.  (Or Tar-jay as I always refer to it.)  Not sure why we love that place so much!! 

On Tuesday, we had our last night of Strengthening Families.  We had a great meal (as we did each and every week!), and a very sweet slide show with all the pictures I had taken throughout the program.  It was so sweet because the families were so appreciative for us and we were of course proud of all of them for completing the program.  We ended the night with the families receiving their certificates and cake and ice cream! 

Wednesday was the start of Zach working less.  We celebrated by going to Qdoba and going to Barnes and Noble to look at the Nook HD+.   I have finally decided that I would really, really like one for Christmas!  My Mama and Zach can testify that I have said that for well, just about since they came out with e-readers.  I always changed my mind though, thinking, that I wouldn't really use it.  But since now the Nook HD + is basically a tablet as well, I am very intrigued!  We'll see if Santa Zach will be kind to me and get it. : )   Zach also ground up his deer meat and got it all put away in freezer bags.  Hopefully he'll get another one soon so we can keep adding to the freezer!

I also got "elfed" on Thursday.  It's a way to spread Christmas cheer!  Whoever elfed me did awesome, because I love peppermint mints, and I can't get over the cuteness of this mason jar cup.  I couldn't wait to get home to use it!!
On Friday, Zach worked and I was lazy yet again with Nellie.  I did, however, muster up the energy and will-power to cook and work out.  This cold, dreary weather plus the whole getting dark at 5:00 thing is really kicking my butt.  It is really quite depressing when I think of how little I have gotten done in the past week!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BS #3- 22 weeks

22 weeks with Reid, Savannah, and BS #3! 😍 How far along: 22 weeks  Weight gain- up 7 lbs overall. I have been eating more sweets this week and need to reign it in! Buttttt.... Exercise- Reid, Zach, Savannah, and I did take a long walk today in our neighborhood and I’m hoping to do it daily.  Most exciting thing this week- baby girl had hiccups for the first time this week and I could feel them all! Zach also got to feel her a couple times for the first time this week! Same timing as he did with Savannah! So cool! Cravings- sweet, Chick- fil- a, Parlor doughnuts  Aversions/ anything making you sick- not this week! Yay!!! Reid’s thoughts- he still likes to kiss my belly and ran in and talk to baby and tell her how precious she is! One day he told her he can’t wait to see her in October! Savannah’s thoughts- I have started asking her when she’s laying on her changing table if Mama has a baby in her belly and one day she patted her own b...

Family room re-do featuring.... my curtains! : )

For a while now, we've planned on finally finishing our family room.  That's right, it's kind of been unfinished for the entire time we've lived there.  It was painted and decorated, just no molding and the ceiling was hideous because we (and by we, I mean Zach) took down the drop ceiling the previous owners had put up.  So, anyway, I looked at curtains and didn't really find anything I liked, so I decided I was going to make my own.  Zach and I looked at Jo-Ann's a couple times and each time we looked I liked this fabric more and more.  It was the most expensive fabric I've ever bought, but in the end, it was sooooo worth it! (*Note- I bought the fabric in January before NSM! : )) Here we are at Mama Joyce's one day after church cutting the panels.  I think we were all nervous to cut it.  It was too costly to mess up! Fast forward a couple weeks because I didn't have time, was lazy, and also scared to sew on it, and I finally just delved in an...

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                     ...