Skip to main content

Ten on Thursday

1. Remember how last time I said it was warm here? Scratch that! Now it is freezing and has been raining the past couple days. Time to get out my coat, scarves, hats, and gloves! I love the cold! (Just wish it would snow instead of rain.)

2. I got the Praxis II tests over with this past Saturday. I actually did try really hard when I was studying and I think it payed off on the tests. I will get my results back in about 3 weeks.

3. Zach's truck died yesterday. The mechanic said it's the transmission, which is of course the worst possible thing they could say! With his new job he has to have the truck to do the installations, so thankfully he will be able to ride with other guys for a few days to help them out. At least he's still getting to work!

4. After yesterday, it is just more and more apparent our luck is rotten lately. We aren't letting it get us down though and are trusting and knowing the Lord will get us through this time, which we hope will end soon!

5. Nellie is getting better at sitting on command al the time! Of course you have to give her a treat afterwards or she gets whiny! She turned 15 weeks yesterday!
She loves:

  • Peanut butter in her bouncy dumbbell toy

  • Snuggling in bed with us before bedtime (Don't worry, she doesn't sleep with us at night!)

  • When either one of us gets home from being gone all day. Her little tail wags 100 miles an hour!

  • Eating her puppy pads!
6. I got out our Christmas tree that my friend gave us and put part of it together to see how it would look. Zach thought it looked okay, but it is definitely not as big as I imagined! We may just use it for this year and get one when they go on sale after Christmas.

7. Zach gave up on No shave November last week. I was so disappointed.... ; ) I think it has already grown back to what it was though, so hopefully he shaves it off soon!

8. This past Saturday after I took the tests, Zach and I babysat and had so much fun! The twins went to bed at 6:30, so it was just us and the 3 year old. He and Zach had so much fun watching Shrek! They would just laugh and laugh! It was just a preview of what we'll hopefully have someday! (Although we don't necessarily have to have twins, just one at a time!) : )

9. We are doing Thanksgiving with Zach's family this year. I will miss getting to go Black Friday shopping in Alabama with everybody, but hopefully we will be able to do it next year!

10. I am going to come up with my list of things I'm thankful for soon, so keep an eye out for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t