Skip to main content

Bumpdate: 41 weeks!

How Far along: 41 weeks.  

Baby's size: Size of a jack fruit!  Around 7.5 lbs. (I think he's going to be about 8 lbs and Zach's official guess is 9 lbs. 2 oz.  I hope he's wrong!)

Weight loss/gain: 30 lbs. (So glad the weight gain is slowing down!)

Sleep: I told Zach I no longer am even trying to keep track of how much I am getting up to go to the bathroom.

Gender: B-O-Y

Movement:  He has been back to his super active little self this week. 

Best Moment of this week:  Getting to spend time at home together now that we're finished with the old house.  Also, the 3 day weekend!  We didn't sleep in, much, but we figure that's all about to end anyway!

Looking Forward: Getting to meet our baby boy.  I think it will be a little weird, because I truly don't feel like I'm finished being pregnant yet.  But, alas, we pretty much have to follow Dr.'s orders.

Food cravings: Still pineapple!  So yummy!  Especially when it's refrigerated!

Anything making you feel sick or queasy: Nope!

Symptoms: My beautiful little sausage toes and feet/cankles.  Waddling!

Dr. Appt: I was fully a 3 dilated, and 70% effaced still. Stillllll.  And then he said that he was possibly being generous saying 70%.  This sealed the deal on baby boy getting a chance to come on his own.  By the time this is published, baby boy will be here, so I'll go ahead and tell:  We're going in at 8:00 p.m. tonight (May 27th) to begin our induction.  I really don't feel happy with things going this way at all, but of course know that we'll do what we have to do to get baby boy here safely.  It's just not how I envisioned the process at all. 

Workouts: We've been walking our driveways in the evening... hoping to kick start things!

What I miss: Nothing  much!

Things that stink:  BBS not showing signs of being motivated to come out at all. Having to get induced.  All of the above.

Things that don't stink: Knowing that we will meet our baby tomorrow.  Although, I still think that's a little scary!  

Labor signs?:Nope.  See above!

Mama's Thoughts: I feel defeated because I haven't gone into labor on my own.  What else can I do, though?  Exactly.   Absolutely nothing.  I'm just praying that BBS's birth will be as natural as it can be. 

Daddy's Thoughts: Zach is doing his usual thing where he is my calm.  He says he is so excited to meet baby boy. 

Baby: He has no idea he's being forced out tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!