Skip to main content

Bumpdate: Week 39



Pretty sure we can't get any bigger!

The stripes were pulled oddly on my shirt, resulting in this odd picture!

How Far along: 39 weeks

Baby's size: Size of a watermelon!  Around 7.5 lbs.  I laughed and told my Mama he feels like a watermelon!

Weight loss/gain: 25 lbs. (So glad the weight gain is slowing down!) Thankfully everybody who sees me tells me I am so lucky that I have gained it all in my belly.   I think I have to agree that's where it all is.  Sadly, that is the exact spot I always have trouble losing it!

Sleep: I have had a couple bad nights, with the contractions and pains I've been having.  Tuesday night I only got up ONCE to go to the bathroom, and that was awesome!

Gender: B-O-Y

Movement: He is still an active boy!  Big movements!

Best Moment of this week: Being off work so I can rest.  My swelling has been much better.

Looking Forward: Meeting our son and seeing Zach with him. Also looking forward to Zach's birthday on Monday.  Who knows if he'll be a daddy by then or not?!

Food cravings: Cookie dough ice cream! Don't worry, I got myself some!

Anything making you feel sick or queasy: Nope!

Symptoms: Contractions and some swelling

Dr. Appt: I was "almost a 3" according to Dr. B and still about 70% effaced.  I go back on Friday!

Workouts: Walked the halls at the hospital on Tuesday for an hour.  We were MOVING too! I had no idea Zach would walk that fast!

What I miss: Nothing  much!

Things that stink: Getting sent home from the hospital when I really thought it was time! 

Things that don't stink: We still have some time to get ready for BBS!  Also, getting to sleep a little later than normal.  Also, getting to take naps when I feel like it!

Labor signs?: From about 2 am-6 am Tuesday I was having contractions close together, and they just seemed to be getting worse, so I finally called the Dr. and they said to come in and get checked.  Long story short, I was about the same dilated and effaced and after an hour of walking the halls to see if things got more intense, they actually stopped!  So we got sent home and I went out with my Mama and Mama Joyce for lunch at Chick-fil-a!

Mama's Thoughts: I am beginning to think that the Dr. Is going to be wrong and that BBS is going to be late, just like I've thought all along. We shall see!

Daddy's Thoughts: Zach is working so hard on the old house, but at the same time really wants BBS here. He says at least once a day he can't wait to hold him! : ) He is going to be the best Daddy!
Zach's birthday is Monday, so we do hope that he comes before or after that! (or at least I do!)

Baby: He's trying so hard to do some big movements and it's just not going to happen for him! He seems pretty content where he is, though! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!