Skip to main content

Ten on Thursday

1. Saturday was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, which Mama and Suzanne were going to walk in, but Suzanne already felt under the weather and it was raining, so we ended up going shopping. I got an adorable dress and sweater from NY & Co. I will be wearing it for picture day tomorrow at school.


2. A negative however is that I had a stupid, awful, no good fever blister pop up over night, so I don't think I am going to look very pretty for picture day tomorrow! Ugh! I guess there is always the retake day if they don't turn out well.

3. Tonight was our Pizza Box Party for the kids at school who completed the worksheets and activities that they were given at the beginning of the summer. We went to Walther's Golf and Fun and I played laser tag with a group of twenty second graders. I was thinking I was going to go easy on them and not be aggressive. That was until the little stinkers decided that since I was the only teacher in there, they were going to all, and I mean all going to go after me... for 20 whole minutes... and keep shooting at me, even when I told them I had been hit and would be out for 8 more seconds. So then it was game on. I showed no mercy and you can see the results below. Don't forget kids, Mrs. Scheller is # 1! Haha! Really, we all had a great time and it was the most fun I have had in a while.



4. Here is the much-anticipated (I'm sure : )) picture of our new bed! This is without our lovely bedspread on it, but hey, I have to work with what I finally got uploaded. The picture is from my iPod touch, as I stiiiiiiill haven't found my camera charger. I'm starting to get really aggravated that I can't find it!


5. Tuesday and Wednesday were the first afternoons of tutoring my little guy from my second grade reading block. At first I wasn't sure how it would go, but he has quickly become the highlight of my day! He is so sweet and just really loves the one-on-one interaction. Now if only I could get him to be less of a ham in class! : )


6. On Saturday I got to open all of the things my Aunt Melody, Uncle David, and my cousin, Rachael sent for my college graduation. Among the goodies were 30 or so books, a book bag, a blanket, a coat and sweater from Rachael, and a basket filled with tacks, post-its, writing cube, stickers, "to-do" paper clips, and much more! I sooo loved smelling all the new books and writing over and over "Mrs. Scheller" in each one. I still love doing that! : ) Thank you so much for the gifts, I'm going to put them to good use!


7. I have lost another pound or two since the last time I posted about exercising! Woo hoo! It's coming off slowly, but that's the best way to do it!


8. Zach got a 100% on a Calculus quiz this week. He would hate to know that I am bragging on him, but I am one so very proud wife. I caught a cutie that also has smarts! : )


9. Zach has tried to get his deer stands up for the past couple weeks and decided today that he just isn't going to be able to make them work with the trees he had in mind. I supposed this means we'll sit on the ground, which seems a bit safer to me. You know, as long as there are no rabid deer charging us or anything! (No telling what Hoosier deer are like! ; ))


10. Sweet Zach went to lunch with me today. I can honestly say it made my day. I just love getting to see my husband's face, especially when I haven't been seeing as much of it with my school, his school, his work, and my early(ish) bedtime. Gosh, I love that man!


My favorite picture of Nellie Girl and Her Daddy. What can I say, they are my world! : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!