Skip to main content

Ten on Thursday

1. Last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Zach had to do inventory at his store overnight. I was definitely apprehensive about spending the night alone, and a few times before I have gone to spend the night with his parents. This time I decided 3 nights was too much to impose on anyone and I was going to suck it up and just do it. Nellie slept with me each night and we were both pretty chicken, but I would say that with each night I felt more and more at ease. We both missed Zach terribly however and were very happy to have him back at home again at night!





2. Saturday I made a taco soup recipe from Pinterest, which was awesome, and then I went to Mama Joyce’s to wrap presents and make divinity. It was a very tasty day! Haha.

3. Sunday we played hand bells at church and that evening after Zach had caught up on some sleep after his overnight, we went to his Christmas Party for work. 4. On Monday we went to Turoni’s with Zach’s Mom, Dad, Granny, Papaw, Freddie, Jessie, and Aubrie. We didn't get to go to Zach's Mom's side of the family for their Christmas the day before due to Zach working, so I got to give his Granny the blanket I made for her and I got a family plaque from Zach's Papaw. It is really beautiful and I know he spent a lot of time on it. I will snap a picture to put on here soon.

5. Tuesday was the last day of school for the semester. We had a Christmas dress-up contest. Here I am as a tacky Christmas tree! I didn't win, but I definitely had fun dressing up! : )


6. Tuesday night Elizabeth came over to hang out and to eat supper. We went out to Olive Garden, which I think must be our favorite, and then came back to watch T.V.


7. Wednesday was my first full day of break, Zach didn't have to work, and it was heavenly! We slept in, went to check his traps, then went to see Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows, which was spectacular, went to Wal-Mart, and then to good ole Taco Bell for lunch. It was just such a perfect, perfect day with my hubby! Wish we got to do that stuff more often, but I gladly take what I can get! : )


8. Thursday I was a mad-woman, I tell you. I washed dishes for over 2 hours, then cleaned, dipped pretzels, rice-krispies, and peanuts in chocolate, ran to the store, cleaned some more and took a shower, all because of these two beautiful ladies in the picture with me!
We celebrated Christmas that afternoon by making yummy homemade pizzas and eating lots of chocolate covered things and chess cake! Then we watched Crazy, Stupid, Love which was really good. Plus, who doesn't love Steve Carell?


We also exchanged presents. I got an "N" tervis tumbler and lid filled with goodies from Megan and a UK tervis tumbler from Lizabeth along with the adorable beagle puppies calendar! I looooved all my presents! I have already been using the tervis tumblers!
9. I can't believe half of my first year of a job in a school is over! I love it, but am continually praying I will get a teaching position for next school year as well! We wouldn't have anything any other way right now though! We know God has a perfect plan for me and for us as a family!


10. I am just out of things to tell for the week, so you get to hear a fun fact about me. I alphabetize our DVD movies on a built in bookshelf in our house. Movies with numbers at the beginning of titles go first and then A-Z. If Zach wants to upset me, all he has to do is move a few movies around. Haha! I also don't like it if they don't get put back where they are supposed to go!


Have a Merry Christmas! I'm sure I'll have a long post for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. This weekend we didn't plan on handing out candy, but then felt guilty when we saw all of the cute little trick-or-treaters walking around. We ran to the store and got lots of candy. We only had 13 or 14 kids!! Oh well, I am giving the rest of candy to the little girl I tutor on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 2. One of the girls that trick-or-treated at our house saw Nellie and exclaimed, "Isn't Nellie a handful of precious!" It was so sweet and had us laughing. 3. On Tuesday when I was at tutoring, the word unjustly was in the book we were reading. I asked her if she knew what justice was, and she replied, "Actually, it's like a girl's store in the mall!" Oh, how I love the things kids say! 4. Zach informed me last night that it was "no shave November!" He tried to do this last year and didn't last long, so let's hope for the same this year! ; ) 5. Nellie turned 3 months old today! Her most recent interests are: -Running