Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up

Well our week was going pretty regularly with school, work, and tutoring until Wednesday.

I got up Wednesday morning feeling like my throat was caving in on itself, but went to work anyway. I was in tears because I felt so bad, so when my principal told me that I had to go home, no options. It was a good thing though because Zach took me to the doctor and it was STREP. Yuck! It loves me soooo much more than I love it. I also had really bad back pain and other "achy-ness" with it, which doesn't usually happen. So naturally, I felt like I was dying. Thank the Lord for Amoxicillin, which had me feeling well enough to go to work on Friday. During Wednesday and Thursday at home Nellie and I got lots of snuggle time and Zach was a pretty good nurse. He made me eat chicken noodle soup, but to make up for that I also got cherry jell-o! I can't tell you how glad I am that I feel better and also that Zach didn't get it as well. It is not welcome at our house ever again! (Haha, I wish, right?)

Saturday Megan and Elizabeth came over. We picked up Chick-fil-a and played Clue: The Office edition. You play to find out "Who Killed Toby?" (Which we all know would be Michael if it happened on the show! : )) Lizabeth won one game and Megan took the other. Then Megan and I got Orange Leaf frozen yogurt and shopped at Jo-Ann fabric. We had such a good time and need to do it again soon!

I also finished sewing a skirt I've wanted to sew for awhile. In fact, I did it a while back, but I couldn't get the shirring right on the first one so it got trashed. : ) I started this new one with some fabric I really like, so I was really nervous about it going wrong again! After a few frustrations, the shirring finally worked for me, and I have a new skirt that is cute, and cost me around $4.50 to make! I couldn't be prouder!

Zach had his first Sunday off since Christmas today. We got to wake up together, go to church, and eat at Mama Joyce's together. It was so very nice. I love it! Then that afternoon we got to just cat nap and then go to Cheeseburger in Paradise with his parents, who just got back from Mexico yesterday!

We had such a good weekend, especially after our not so great week! I am so thankful to have a healing God who has made me feel so much better. One good thing about being sick is that when you recover you are reminded to be thankful for your health! I hope everyone's week goes well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!