Skip to main content

Long time, no blog

Some would think with me working summer camp, I would have plenty if time to blog and lounge around. Strangely though, I feel like I have little time where we are not busy. To catch up, I'm going to start with our second vacation where we remodeled our kitchen and went to Nashville. It was a pretty stressful first part of the week, but to get away to Nashville was so incredibly relaxing. It made me realize that Zach and I have not gone away or over a night by ourselves since out honeymoon! Which you all know was over 2 years ago! Way too long! More on that to come. This post is to just organize my thoughts on what I need to write and catch up on.

I also know I have a total of maybe 5 readers, but I still hope that people are reading it!

I'd also like to send congratulations to my friend and fellow blogger Kasee on her engagement! We met in BCM in college and she is so sweet and deserves the best! Hopefully she reads this sometime! And Kasee, if you are, I am somewhat of a wedding pro if you need any help! Although by the looks of your pinterest boards, you've got it under control! ; )

Hmm, what else is there? Summer camp has been pretty crazy, along with lots of good moments, and lots of noise!

Our new dishwasher that I blogged about a few weeks ago is installed along with the new stuff! All I can say is that I am so incredibly thankful for the blessing that it is. It may have even done me some good to wash dishes by hand for 6 years so that I appreciate it even more! Zach and I agree it is one of the best things ever and will hopefully help us sell our house when it's time! (not that we're you know, counting the days or anything!) The house is an entirely different post though, y'all! I do not want to sound snotty, because I know we are so so blessed to even own our own house in a place where we feel (mostly) safe and that has what we need for right now. We praise the Lord for that. It was exactly what was in his plan for us, and sometimes we are just fed up and asking "Why? Why are we here in this place? We want out so badly!" Obviously there is some reason, and I'm not even sure we know it yet, but there is one. That's all I know and what I'll keep telling myself until we find out where we need to go next!

School will be starting back next week and I don't think I've even given myself time to figure out all my emotions about that. It may be a bit of different year with the disappointment of not having a teaching job, but I fully plan on remaining positive, working hard, and doing the awesome job (that I do love!) that has been set before me! I ask y'all to keep me in your prayers as I go back and that all these things I've mentioned will stay fresh in my heart and mind so that I don't lose focus of what I am in my school to do. Whoo, that's a lot of stuff to ask on an early Thursday morning!

Of course, I have also been enthralled with the London Olympics. I just love, love, love them with all my heart. This is something that Zach can't wrap his head around and therefore doesn't get into very much. (Which kind of makes my heart cry a little! I mean, who doesn't love the Olympics?!) anywho, that helps explain where I've been, especially these past two weeks! It takes up almost every minute of my waking hours when I'm at home! Please tell me I'm not the only crazy person out there!

Ohh, and if I couldn't get any more random, shark week is coming up soon! I find them so fascinating. You know, as long as I am not in the same water as them!

That's it for now, folks! I still have to work in about 8 hours and need to get some sleep! Those kids don't go easy on ya! ; )

*Huge disclaimer! I did not proofread this seeing as I am way too tired and I just skimmed it. I saw the mistakes and will probably fix them later! I just didn't want people think I'm uneducated! I promise I have a college degree! ; )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t