Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up (Oct. 21-27)

On Sunday we got to go to church together for the first time in a while!  It was wonderful, even if we were a couple minutes late to sunday school!  Then we had lunch at Mama Joyce's and relaxed at home until it was time to celebrate Zach's dad's birthday.  We had bbq chicken and ice cream pie to celebrate his big day.  Zach's mom got him a cross bow and we got him some broadheads and other equipment for it.  I think he had a good birthday!

On Monday Zach had school and had to take a test after his normal classes! We did eat breakfast together though and after he left I got to cleaning!  I spent almost 2 hours getting Nellie's fur out of our carpet!  I love her, but I do not love how much she sheds!  Then I spend the rest of the day with 6 loads of laundry, changing the sheets, putting away laundry, cleaning the floors of our bedroom, and going through our drawers.  I also tried my best to change out our summer clothes to fall clothes.  I have 3 trash bags full of clothes to donate, so I have a little more room in my closet!  Yay!  Then when Zach got home we went to Qdoba.  We celebrated our 5th anniversary of dating and got a cupcake!  Some days it's hard to believe we've been together for 5 years!  I love Zach more and more each day though!

On Tuesday it was back to school for me!  The week seemed a little long, but I think part of that was because the kids were thrown off by a four day week!  After school Tuesday I took my friends and their kids some pumpkin muffins and hung out until 9:00!  Talk about a late night!  It is totally okay though because we hadn't seen each other in over a month.  We had a lot to catch up on and the kids were so excited that I was coming over! : )

On Wednesday, Zach took me to see Hotel Transylvania! We had been meaning to see it for a while, and finally got to!  It was pretty cute!

On Thursday night we took supper to our friends, Kurt and Theresa's.  (The ones I saw on Tuesday) I made my two-timin' pasta bake.  I was so happy because everybody, including the kids loved it!  Ben (the oldest) got to go to his first karate class and then came back to show us his moves.  It was so incredibly cute!  I had also bought the kids glow sticks and was excited to give them to them.  Their parents said they had never had them before, so I got even more excited!  The girls, who are twins and 3 years old, were so cute with the glow sticks.  We turned off the lights and they waved them, twirled them, and threw them.  They just couldn't get enough of them!  We had too much fun!  Zach even got to come over after his class so he could eat and play.  The kids hadn't seen him in a while and 2/3 were so happy to see him! Haha!  Becca is a little leery of any man, so when she heard he was coming she said, "But I don't want Mr. Zach to come over!"  Ha!  I reminded her that she liked him and that he had tried on her princess crown before and then she was fine when she got there!  Love those kiddos!

On Friday we had jeans day at school since it was payday!  That's always a good day!  I don't even remember what Zach and I did that afternoon.  I do know I finished Nellie's Halloween costume and that we went to Qdoba again!  I am pretty sure we've been there 5 times already in two weeks!  Thank goodness they have a really good salad I like!

On Saturday I had a very busy day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!