Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up (Sept. 30- Oct 6)

It is hard to believe September is gone and October is here.  That also meant Fall Festival.  We went on the 3rd and were in and out in about 30 minutes.  Zach had a bratwurst and kraut balls and I had a pronto pup and onion rings.  Nothing too exciting this year!

 This week we have been busy.  I tutored 2 days and Zach worked 5 days this week! (Along with his school!) Then when Saturday came, it was time to babysit some kiddos overnight.  I got to their house around 5:45 a.m. so their parents, aunt, and uncle could get an early start to the IU game.  They were hoping the kids would sleep in, but as luck would have it, one of them woke up while we were talking and was saying in a happy voice to the monitor, "Mamaaaaa, I'm awaaake!"  Haha, I was definitely glad she sounded happy!  They both got up and the parents left by 6:30.  I thought the kids would want breakfast, but they wanted to start the day with playing!  We built with blocks, jumped in and out of a cardboard box, played volleyball (batting the ball back and forth), superheroes, and jumped on their mini trampoline inside!  Then we got around to breakfast.  I was so excited because for several weeks I had been planning fun Fall themed stuff for us to do.  So after breakfast we made signs with their feet for their parents.  Owen only wanted one foot painted, but that worked out just fine!            

 Then after that was lunch and down for naps.   The kids has seen the pumpkins I got for them and were so excited to paint them after nap!  I am not going to lie though, I took a nap while they napped.  It was nice.

So, cue 2:15, and nap time was over.  We got up, ate snack, and got to paintin' pumpkins!  Owen's is on the top and Claire's in on the bottom!  They were so proud and wanted to touch them and tried to be very patient while they dried! 

 
We played some more, went outside and played, and came back in for supper.  After supper Claire helped me make cookies!  (I stuck with store bought dough.  A good choice since everyone was exhausted!)  We ate cookies and watched a movie and then Mr. Zach (aka "your daddy" and "your uncle" according to Owen! : ))  I did get it through to him after all day of talking about it that Zach was indeed my husband!  The kids were so excited to see him, especially since it had been so long since the last time.  They played chase and "surprise" where Owen rings his bike's bell while you're turned the other way and you must act... you guessed it, surprised.  Zach was not very good at this game! ; )  The kids still loved it though.  Once we put the kids to bed, we went to bed too!  He worked all day as well, so we were beat!   It was so sweet because Owen said a couple times, "It is so nice of you to come to my house.  I hope you come back soon." Melt my heart!

Sunday morning Zach left to go hunting at 4:30, so I got to hope the kids would sleep in.  They slept until 8:00!  In case you don't have kids or kid relatives, let me tell you, this is amazing. Never happens.  I felt like I had won the lottery.  Anyway, moving on, I think they were just really worn out from the day before! : ) 
After breakfast we did a little more painting because they loved putting the paint on their bodies instead of using a paint brush.  I had this cute idea for a tree and their fingerprints being the leaves.  I painted the tree and grass and then they did the rest.  I know my tree is not amazing, but I think the "leaves" make the picture!
Their parents got back at 11:30 Sunday morning and the kids were so happy to see them!  Both kids wanted to hide their pumpkins so they could show them to their parents so we did that and they were so excited.  Their parents loved all the crafts we did! It was such a great weekend and while I wouldn't say I am ready to handle 2 kids all the time, it is nice to get to experience what it may be like some day.  (A huge thank you too to Zach's Mama who kept our furry baby while we babysat!  Nellie loves getting to spend time with her Nana!)

Wow, I just saw how long this post is, so for those of you that don't like crafts/ hearing about babysitting, Sorry!  Next post will be just regular old Zach, Nathana, and Nellie! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t