Skip to main content

Craziest week of the year!

Well, our last week has been anything but boring!  On Monday, Zach called me at work and said he was throwing up.  He called the doctor and they wanted to admit him to the hospital since he also had a fever.  I made it through most of my work day and was at the hospital by 12:45.  About 45 minutes after I got there, they moved us into a room and we waited... and waited.  They wouldn't let him eat or drink until we saw the surgeon and he decided if he wanted to do surgery or not.  Poor hubby was hungry!  We hung out, had several visits with our awesome nurse and techs and even some visitors.  Zach's sister was there, his uncle came by, and so did our pastor.  About 6:00, the surgeon came by and examined Zach's arm, said he wasn't going to do surgery that night, but they were going to keep him to see if the throwing up and fever were related to his arm, or if he just happened to be sick at the same time as all of this.   

I eventually ran home to get Nellie (Zach's parents kept her so I wouldn't have to worry about her too! So sweet of them!) and then gathered all of our things for an overnight stay.  When I got back I ran down to the cafeteria and grabbed a salad while Zach's mom stayed with Zach.  We got settled in, the tech brought me a recliner to sleep in and we talked to several different people on the phone.  Zach started feeling sick, so they gave him a dose of Zofran through his IV.  A few episodes of America's Funniest Videos and tiredness kicking in, and we eventually did sleep.  It may have been one of our most sleepless nights so far, but there was some sleep in there.  The recliner they brought me would not stay fully leaned back unless I was pushing on it constantly, so I ended up turning sideways in it, with a pillow on one arm rest and my legs hanging over the other.  Surprisingly, that worked pretty well for most of the night. 

The next morning we did more waiting, Zach didn't throw up anymore (yay!), and the surgeon saw us around 10:30 a.m.  He said that Zach would definitely be having surgery, but he would not be doing, as he is more of a general surgeon.  He wanted a surgeon that specialized in the area under the arm.  They discharged us and we got home around 12:45.  It was the perfect time for a nice, long nap! : )

Thursday we went to our appointment with the surgeon.  He has a game plan for surgery, which Zach will be having the 21st.  The surgeon wanted to wait 2 weeks to give the incision from Saturday night to heal.  

We had a pretty uneventful weekend (Thank goodness!), Zach worked somehow (I heard he was able to do cash register and propped his arm up! : ), and I did yard work with my Mama.  We got some pretty flowers from Home Depot and decoration at Jo-Anns for the front yard.  I even got to use some blue spray paint I bought on clearance awhile back ago to spruce up some of our planters!  It looks pretty good if I do say myself!

Zach has been running a fever on and off the past 3 days, but it hasn't gotten as high as it would have to be to merit a trip to the Dr.  So, we just pray we make it through these next 9 (ish) days and that he will feel better and be back to himself soon!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!