Skip to main content

January 5-12

This week was Zach's first full week of his internship, and since he isn't back in school yet, he got to work a full 40 hours!

It was an almost full week of school for me too, except for the 2 snow days we had at the start of the week!  It was hard coming off of a 4 day weekend, but it was nice that it was just a 3-day week!
While on our snow days, Nellie and I had  lot of time to spend together.  I had just packed away all of her toys approximately 10 seconds earlier.  You can see what good work she does! (I think she gets that from her Daddy!) ; )

Our friends, Christine and Cole came to stay with us for the weekend, so we were excitedly waiting for their visit all week.  They got here on Friday afternoon and we all went out to eat barbecue at Bandanna's.  It was delicious and after that we came back to the house where Nellie was basking in the glow of their attention!  She was is 7th Heaven!   She loved both of them so much!

On Saturday morning, we got up and went to IHOP and met some other friends from college.  After that, Christine had to take her wedding rings by the store, and you can tell what Zach and Cole thought of that!! Hehe!
 See how much Christine and Nellie love each other?  Christine and Cole need a pup of their own!
 
In the afternoon, we decided to go bowling!  It is safe to say that we won't be joining a bowling league anytime soon, but the boys did pretty well.  Us girls did alright, but it wasn't our best game!

We came back to the house after that so that Cole could watch the Colts play.  We made homemade pizza (which is always the best) and Christine and I were so excited to try our attempt as a new recipe.  She had pinned it on pinterest and we spent quite a while trying to put it together.  We tried to make the crock-pot lave cake.  I so wish we had thought to take pictures, because it was a total fail!  It was supposed to cook in about 2.5 hours, but after 3.5 hours it was still runny and definitely NOT cooked.  I can barely tell you how disappointed we were!  Thankfully we had a brownie mix and we threw those together at 11:00 at night! They turned out delicious, I might add! 

On Sunday morning, we went to church and then had lunch at Mama Joyce's.  Cole always likes to eat at Mama Joyce's, so we wanted to make sure that's what we did!  After that, it was time for them to head back home. : (  We spent so much of the weekend just talking and talking.  It was almost just like our old college days, except for you know, the addition of husbands and one beagle! : ) All good additions, we think! 

We can't wait until their next visit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t