Skip to main content

Weekend Wrap-Up

We started our weekend with Pizza on Friday night and movies we picked up from the library.  We watched Silver Linings Playbook and This Means War.  I really liked SLP, but Zach was not as impressed.  The other was just o.k.  We were up until about 1:00 a.m., which is practically unheard of for us anymore!  We got up at 8:00 on Saturday morning and went out to get Mickey D's!  I only eat McD's breakfast twice a year, and I have to say the McGriddles I enjoyed was worth every last calorie and gram of fat.  It was so disgustingly good!  : )  We made two trips to Harbor Freight to pick up tools for Zach.  I joked that he is my Mr. Couponer because he got 5 screwdrivers, 3 sockets, and a tape measurer for $4.  Their computers were down, so they gave up the tape measurer for free, but Zach had coupons for the rest.  We also went to Lowe's to get paint for our paintable wallpaper we were going to put up in our bathroom.  I eyeballed it and picked a bluish color.

My Mom came over that afternoon and helped pretty much put it up with my assistance.  It seemed like it took forever when you factored in letting the wallpaper glue activate, cutting, measuring, and smoothing it down, but it looks amazing. I got the paint out that night after she left to try it out on a spare piece we had and became aware that is was definitely not the right color.  We watched several episodes of The Office and sacked out.

Sunday morning my Mom texted me to tell me that church was canceled due to the ice/sleet that had already begun.  I heard Zach getting ready for work so I yelled to him (still in bed at this time) that it is canceled.  He came in and said that he got two minutes down the road and his boss had called to tell him the B & J's was closed for the day due to the weather! Score!  I was disappointed not to get to go to church and even more sad he would be at work, so for him to get to be home with Nellie and I was a gift!  I made the same sausage breakfast casserole I made last Sunday for the two of us.  We ended up returning to Lowe's and the amazing ladies in the paint dept. were able to re-tint (is that a word?) our paint to a color that compliments our shower curtain and the bathroom tile so well.  I was ecstatic that they did it.  Did I mention they were my heroes for the day?  We had Subway for lunch and I came home and got to painting.  The end result is amazing.  We both love the wallpaper and the color, so now Zach wants me to go ahead and wallpaper the other half instead of just painting.  It is finally a presentable bathroom again, though!  Two people replied, "Wow"when I texted them pictures. I guess it's that good!  Needless to say, I am thrilled with the change!

Zach took a nap Sunday afternoon while I was playing with a site that turns your blog posts into a book (Wow, are they expensive!) and then I made lesson plans.  We had leftovers for supper and then found out my school was canceled for Monday.  Yay for another night with no bed-time!

So that brings us to today, where my weekend has been extended. I hate that we will have to make-up this day after the weekend, but it was just so nice to get to spend another day with Zach and Nellie.  (USI canceled too, so Zach only had his internship!)  Nellie and I took a 2 HOUR nap and cleaned a little.  I figure it's okay to have an actual lazy snow day every once in a while!  We already know that we have a 2 hr delay for tomorrow, so I have already set my alarm for two hours later!  Viva la Snow Day! : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t