Skip to main content

Bumpdate: Week 25


How Far along: 25 weeks

Baby's size: Cauliflower (You won't catch this Mama or Daddy eating that!)

Weight loss/gain: up 5 lbs total.

Sleep: I'm doing a little better at getting back to sleep after my nightly bathroom break.

Gender: B-O-Y

Movement:  Moving a fair bit. I read something that said these next 3 weeks are supposed to be the most active of all.

Best Moment of this week: When Zach felt him 10 times in a row the other night. He was going crazy and Zach felt it all! Watching Zach feel him makes my heart about burst and I know I grin like a fool. Aunt Suzanne felt him on Sunday after trying for about 10 seconds. Zach said it wasn't fair because he always has to wait! Haha! Also looking at a house! More to come on that hopefully!

Looking Forward:  Celebrating Valentine's Day on Saturday! We are going to a fancy dinner since it's our last Valentine's Day before Shim gets here!

Food cravings: Reese's And Valentine's Day cakes (the little Debbie ones!) really need to slow down my sweet tooth! Luckily I ran out of both things, and just haven't bought any more!

Weirdest Food I ate last week: it wasn't weird, but I always order the exact same thing at Texas Roadhouse and this past week I ordered a different main dish for the first time ever. Pretty major and pretty out of character for me. It may or may not have been because Zach said I wouldn't try anything new! Haha (but really, I did want to try something else!)

Anything making you feel sick or queasy: Nope! Thank goodness! : )

Symptoms: I have about 2 new stretch marks on my belly. : ( I'm going to start making Zach work overtime on running on the belly butter!  A good symptom I've been meaning to mention is that my hair stays cleaner longer.  I can wash it every 2 days instead of of every day, which is what I've had to do since I was like 12.  It's an awesome perk not to be a grease pit! : )

Workouts: Does work count as a workout? I stand and walk around for 8 hours!  If it's not, it's starting to feel like one!

What I miss: Just sleeping a full night peacefully without having to wake up to go to the bathroom! That would be so amazing! I taper off my fluid intake at night, and still can't make it through the night!

Things that stink: Waking up early all the time! It's wearing me out! (Ditto this For the 3rd week and counting.  It just gets harder and harder to make myself get out of bed each morning.  I seriously need spring break, but sadly it's waaaaay too soon to start counting down to that yet!)

Things that don't stink: looking at houses and feeling Shim moving around. Also knowing he's getting bigger all the time.  And he probably has hair! I wonder what color it is!!! (Hoping he's a blonde like his Mama and Daddy!)

Mama's Thoughts: I have to say my countdowns have begun. I actually created countdowns on an app for when my maternity leave starts, both our birthdays, and Shim's due date!

Daddy's Thoughts: Zach loves feeling him whenever he can.  I was also telling him about how baby was probably between 1.5-2.5 lbs and Zach laughed and said, "He's probably bigger than that already!" He has high hopes this baby will be big just like he was!

Baby: He is hanging out just like he should. I really wish I knew which way he was positioned, but can't tell!  Next dr. appointment is Monday and I'll get the orders for my glucose tolerance test. Hope shim likes the Orange drink everybody talks about!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!