Skip to main content

Ten on Thursday

1. Lately, this is what I have been seeing a lot of when I come home! This little girl loves her daddy! It almost looks like she is laying her paw on him saying, "Back off, Mama, Daddy's mine!" haha

2. Last night our friends Ryan and Kayleigh came over for supper and to hang out! We played Mad Gab and almost died laughing! The results of the game are below!


3. Now for some of our Christmas things! I don't have nearly as many decorations as I would like to have, but I know that it is a collection that will grow each year!

Here is Nellie girl's stocking! : ) You will also see the matching hat in later pictures! Yes, I know it's meant for a real baby, and No, I don't care! She seems to love it! hehe

Here are Zach and I's stockings. We left our child hood stockings at our parents' houses for future use there. I didn't have any time to make us new "forever" stockings, so these $1 stockings from Wal-mart will have to do for this year!

4. Zach gave me this as an early Christmas present on Saturday so we could go ahead and watch it! It was so cute!
5. These are my absolute favorite ornaments on our tree.
This first one is from my first Christmas!


Mama got this for me in Rothenburg, Germany when we went in 2007.

Mary Ruth gave us this ornament for our first Christmas! Now we just have to take a stunning picture from this picture to put in it!
6. Here are our Christmas trees!
Mama just gave me this tree last weekend! I am of course in love with it because it is pink! It is also pre-lit with white lights, but to add a little somethin' somethin' I added my colored lights.... that also blink. Don't worry, Zach is a huge fan of it! ; )
Here is our big tree. I was surprised that we actually had enough ornaments to make it look decent. We both got some of our ornaments from when we were little and now we will add to our collection!
7. Onto our sweet Nellie girl! She has just recently started to like sleeping somewhere not on us! haha. So much, in fact, she enjoys a whole chair to herself! It was too cute not to photograph!
Oh, also she is fine tuning her driving skills! See what an attentive driver she is? (Disclaimer: We were parked in the driveway with the car off in this picture! hehe)
She still loves to cuddle though and we don't mind it one bit! Here she is snuggling with Daddy's toes! (Not the best choice, Nellie!)

Nellie is waiting up for Santa! This is her hat that matches her stocking! Cute, right?
We thought she looked like Mother Teresa in her towel! haha

8. It's Christmas Eve's Eve! (Which I may have mentioned earlier!) I am so tired at this point, I can't remember!

9. I have dipped rice krispies, cashews, and pretzels in both milk and white chocolate today and I am officially dipped out! I meant to take a picture of them, but forgot until I was already uploading these pictures! Oops!

10. I am so excited about Christmas, I will probably not be able to sleep because of the excitement tomorrow night!

On the off chance that I don't blog again before Christmas (which is likely due to all of the places we have to be in the next 72 hours) I want to wish each and every one of you (hopefully there is more than one person who reads this) the Merriest Christmas so far. Let us not forget the great reason we have the reason to celebrate new life and eternal life!

Luke 2: 1-12

1 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t