Skip to main content

Ten on Thursday

1. Yesterday was snow day #5 in my third week of student teaching!

2. Today was the 100th day of school and I even made a nice little "100s display." My kids were so impressed by it. I will have to post a picture of it!

3. Zach has started to tear down the awful tile ceiling in our family room. Then we will have to spackle (I'm not so sure of the spelling on that) the ceiling and paint. I hope it's as easy as I make it sound.

4. Zach is also going to put in a new ceiling fan with a light in our living room. For those of you, well all of you, that haven't seen our house, there is no light fixture in our living room. We just have a lamp and it does not light the room very well. I am soooo excited to have the light and to have a brighter, less depressing family room!

5. We went out to eat with our friends Kevin and Aaron tonight. We have barely seen them since the wedding and it was nice to catch up. They did love to remind us however we are just old married people who shouldn't stay out past 7:30! Ha!

6. Yesterday was our 7 month anniversary of marriage. As Zach says, it doesn't "count," but I still like to take note of it! And I'm pretty sure after our 1 year anniversary I will stop counting months. It does seem unreal though that we are that much closer to our 1 year anniversary! It really doesn't seem like its been that long since our wedding. Hopefully we will be able to plan something fun for our anniversary though!

7. Nellie has been sleeping with us in our bed for the past few nights. Before you judge, hear us out. The little stinker will sleep the whole night like a rock in bed with us. In her crate she bangs around, shakes her ears, and whines every few hours. She also doesn't even get up to go to the bathroom until I get up. In her crate she wakes up at, well, really anytime she wants to. Sometimes, 3, 4, or 5. I am thinking if we go ahead and get her the next size crate and see if she is more comfortable in it, because I know it's not a good habit to let her sleep with us. But gosh, it sure is cute to feel her cuddle up next to you! : ) So anyway, until we get her that new crate, you know where to find her between the hours of 10 and 6!

8. I think I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to babysit overnight this past weekend. Well, let's just say after the night, I was telling Zach I don't ever ever ever want children! Probably a teensy bit dramatic, but oh boy did we have a rough night. The little girl was actually sick, but her brother was the one who woke up 8 times during the night! I think I got a 3 hour stretch of sleep in there, and otherwise I was basically awake all night. It just really reminded me that I am so so so so so not ready to be up all hours of the night exhausted with a baby, no matter how cute he/she would be! So after saying all that stuff about that, Nellie-girl, we love you and appreciate that you are in some ways not so much like a baby! We will just enjoy you for a year... or five!!! : )

9. Zach is still working on building his AR-15. He is very into it, and it sweet to see how excited he is about it! A man's gotta have a hobby, I suppose!

10. I had my first visit from my university supervisor this week while I taught a math lesson. She is the one from USI who will support me and evaluate my teaching skills. She is so sweet and had nothing but compliments! I was so relieved as I had been so nervous for it. I definitely know I have lots of work still to do, but it is good to know I am doing something right! I feel more and more each day that I am doing what the Lord has called me to do and I am trusting him to place me in a job I will be most useful in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik