Skip to main content

Slightly More Than Ten on Thursday

1. We celebrated our Valentine's Day on Friday night. I came home after a pretty long day and plopped down on the couch and proclaimed to Zach, "I am eating some Valentine's cakes!" (You know, the Little Debbie ones?) He said, "Well, I'm going to have a carrot." He then walked to the fridge as I am downing my heart cakes and pulls out a dozen hot pink roses! I have to say, for once, he completely surprised me! I had not been expecting and flowers at all and it was so sweet the way he gave them to me. We then went out to eat at Olive Garden and to Best Buy to get the movie, "You Again" for my Valentine's present. When we got home we watched the movie (which is soooo good if you haven't seen it!) and passed out at like 9:30! A pretty perfect first Valentine's Day if you ask me!


2. This past Saturday we were going to Wal-Mart and the Red Cross was there doing a blood drive. I have never given blood and for a good reason! Haha, so anyway, we agreed to do it. We had to get registered, answer some questions, get our fingers stuck to check our Hemoglobin, and eventually got into the chairs to give blood. I had enough time to work up myself and was pretty freaked out. So then, the nurse takes out a pretty ginormous needle and sticks me... nothing. I look at her and say "You didn't get the vein, did you?" She didn't really say anything, but proceeds to move the needle, which is still in my arm and pokes to the left... still nothing. Then she moves the needle and pokes to the right... deep, deep red blood finally begins to rush through the tube. It's too late for my composure though. Poor girl says that I'm the first person she made cry. She was constantly asking me if it was hurting and I kept assuring her that it wasn't that it hurt currently, but that she had freaked the crap out of me by continually poking around in my arm. During all of this, Zach was of course calmly giving blood with no tears. Although to my credit, he didn't have the same nurse as me. He said his was competent and great! No fair. So I have not been able to accurately account for each detail of this experience, but to sum it up... yes, I am glad I gave blood. I feel good to know the blood that ran through our veins will save someone's life. No, I probably will not be able to bring myself to give blood ever again as much as I know it helps others.

Here we are with band-aids and iodine still on.And our arms with band-aids off. I had a huge knot where she did all of that poking!

3. This past weekend we finally also got Nellie a new crate. It is one that is wire all around with a tray in the bottom, so it is much taller and much more open. She LOVES it! Sometimes she sits in it just because! Even though in this picture, it doesn't look like she likes it!

Of course I had to show her how it worked! Nellie thinks she is Queen of the castle! heheNellie is not showing her full love of the crate here, but can't you tell how much she enjoyed tearing up that puppy pad??

4. Zach's Grandma Scheller is not doing as well this week. She suffered a stroke yesterday morning and is in ICU right now. The doctor's will not do surgery because of her condition, so we are just playing the waiting game. Please remember her and our entire family in your prayers as we face the uncertainty of these coming days.

5. We had our Valentine's party at school on Monday. All the kids kept asking, "Is this the actual Valentine's day?" We had to reassure them it was in fact, the real Valentine's Day. Here is my Valentine's bag I decorated. I received many sweet Valentine's, and even a box of chocolates from one of my girls.

6. Something so simple, yet so sweet and touching happened this week. One of my little girls came into school one morning and gave me a package of these new pens that also double as highlighters. The little girl's mom always walks her into school each morning and she told me, "We were shopping last night and Bella said that Mrs. Scheller needed these pens and would like them." As silly as it may sound, I just about cried. I felt so special. She thought of me outside of school. She thought of me at all. Yes, they are only pens (although, let me tell you, they are cool) but I was so deeply touched. It is soooo the small things that make teaching worthwhile!
7. I woke up to this sweet card from my even sweeter husband on Valentine's day morning. It was a great start to my day!8. We got to go out to eat with our friends, Ryan and Kayleigh, on Tuesday night. We went to Olive Garden for the second time in only 4 days (I know, I know, we are BAD) but we love Olive Garden and can never resist it! We always have a great time when the 4 of us get together. As long as no one chokes on their food from laughing, that is! : )

9. My university supervisor from USI is coming to visit tomorrow while I teach reading. Although I know I have been teaching all day all week and it will be fine, I still can't help but be a little anxious! Pray that it goes well and my first graders help me look good! ; )

10. It's that time of year! Lovely girl scout cookies are in. I got mine today and have already enjoyed, um, several 0f them!11. Zach and I get to babysit our three favorite kiddos this weekend while their sweet parents get to celebrate Valentine's Day! I sure do hope both twins will warm up to Zach this time, but if not, I know now that one of them likes him! We always have so much fun playing with all of them!

12. Borders announced they are filing bankruptcy last night, and of course, it is my luck that one of their stores that is closing is in Evansville! It makes me so sad because they have such great coupons and are usually so much cheaper! We will miss it so much. : (

13. After such a hectic week, I will try to leave off on a positive note. Even though I am still a little shy of being half done with student teaching, I am worrying about if I will even have a teaching job when August comes. I am comforted by this verse with this worry and everything else going on. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 God has our future in his hands, and we know he will never leave us nor forsake us and has great plans for us!

14. God is so good, and I love where Zach and I are in this point of life and in our marriage. I don't think we could be any happier than we are right now. I feel as if my heart could just burst with all of the love I have for him sometimes. We have learned so much about each other and ourselves since we got married, and discover something new each day. You know what, I think I'm just going to have to do a separate post on love.

Sorry if I have been too all over the place with this. I reflect on things so much more and cherish things so much deeper the older I get. I am a mess! I hope you all are having a fabulous week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t