Skip to main content

Ten on Thursday on whatever day it is today....

I say that because this past week is pretty much a fog. We have been either asleep, working, at school, or at the hospital.

1. I will start off and just say the most important thing. Grandma Scheller passed away this morning around 2:00 a.m. Please keep us and all of Zach's family in your thoughts and prayers. Visitation will be Sunday with the funeral on Monday. We still don't know times, but should find them out when we see Zach's parents tonight.

2. We have taken Nellie on a couple walks this week. On both occasions she was terrified by other dogs running up to her. The first time it was 2 Golden Retrievers and the second time it was an ugly teacup chihuahua. It was so pitiful to watch her cower to the ground until I would have to scoop her up and carry her down the street! : )

3. Zach got his first paycheck from his new job today! Can we say "Hallelujah?" I am so proud of him!

4. Nellie has also learned a new trick. She now "shakes" hands with you on command. She prefers that you have a treat for her after she does it, but will still do it without reinforcement.

5. On Sunday we went to Lowe's and purchased some special stuff with a part of our tax return. We got a new refrigerator, gas stove, and a deep freezer. (The deep freezer was definitely Zach's idea!) We are so blessed to be able to get them because our others were on their last legs. I can't wait for Zach to get the gas line hooked up so I can cook our first meal on the new stove! I will try to take pictures of it soon!

6. Today was my second day of going to school with very little sleep. I casually told a boy in the cafeteria that I was "so tired!" He looked back and said concerned, "You look tired." Haha, thanks!

7. This was my last week officially teaching in first grade. Next week I will still observe, but do no teaching. Then it's on to 3rd grade! Yikes! I am sure if the Lord got me through first grade, he will help me cope with 3rd!

8. Zach found out he has to work a job away from home (just one night) next week. Regardless, Nellie and I don't like it! : (

9. Monday was Mama Joyce's birthday! We got to celebrate on Sunday with a yummy ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins! Happy Birthday again, Mama Joyce!

10. Our friends Jacob and Jenna recently joined the world of Blogging! Welcome! Watch out though, it can become kind of addicting. They are coming to see us over Jenna's spring break and we can't wait to see them!

I think that's all for now. At this point we are both so exhausted and emotionally drained I know we are only getting through this by God's grace. This entire week when I through everything was just too much to handle I would pray "God, give me grace, give me your grace." He gave me every bit of it that I needed, and I know he will provide it for us and our entire family in these coming days! I hope whatever any of you may being going through that you experience the same wonderful, comforting grace!

Love,
Zach and Nathana

Comments

  1. Hello Schellers!! How are ya'll doing? I havent talked to you guys in absolutely forever! I tried to find you (Nathana) on facebook and couldn't. I see that you and Zach got married last June!! CONGRATS!! I always knew you guys were gonna get married. You guys loved eachother too much! After I left USI, I became a Marine!! Crazy right?! I met the love of my life and my hubby at my first duty station (Iwakuni, Japan). We got married on June 11, 2010 in Hawaii!! It was perfect! Then, in November we found out that we are gonna be expecting a little boy this upcoming July! :) We are gonna name him Evan! We are still stationed out here in Japan until about September. It's been very hectic with everything that has happened lately but everyone is helping out little by little. I really miss you and Mallory! I'm sorry we didn't leave our freshmen year on the best foot but I really do miss you girls and pray that you are all doing well! I hope you, Zach and both of your families stay safe! -Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t