Skip to main content

Ten on Thursday

1. Today we had a 2 hour delay at school since it snowed yesterday and got pretty slippery out. This was a great thing for me as I got to sleep in until 8:15. At the same time though, there was a disadvantage. Most of my students got to sleep in an extra couple hours as well, and therefore were crazy! Oh well, there's no way we're having a delay tomorrow!

2. Today after school I helped Miss Tubbs work the concession stand at the girls' basketball game. She brought me a Loge t-shirt to wear and as soon as most of my kids walked in this morning they were exclaiming, "You have a Loge shirt!" It made me smile and really made me feel like a part of the school. As usual I have a lovely picture in it, but have not uploaded it yet. I know, I am lazy!

3. We have basically nothing to drink at our house except water, so I made tea last night. I came to the realization I should make tea daily because we drink it as if it were water. That's just what you do when you're raised on it, I suppose.

4. We went to see Zach's Grandma Scheller Sunday at the hospital. They were allowing visitors if you wore the cute face mask, gown, and gloves. Let me tell ya, we looked hot! And were hot, seeing as those plastic gloves make your hands sweat. Anyway, his Grandma seemed to be doing alright, mainly just tired, but on Tuesday (I think) they found out she has a Staph infection. This of course was not welcome news at all! Please continue to remember her in your prayers and for healing! I know she was quite upset to find out she now has this to deal with, so she would greatly appreciate ya'll thinking of her!

5. Monday night we went to Cici's Pizza with Ryan and Kayleigh. It was going great until I took a bite of the buffalo chicken pizza, and then I got sick as a dog! Haha, I should have known better than to pick up something that spicy.

6. Tuesday night we went to Shyler's with my Mama and Daddy. I knew someone has told me they re-painted, but woah they re-painted! Instead of the mustard yellow, it's now a toned down grey with blue trim. Must more calming, and a lot less tacky! So if you're around in Evansville you should go check it out!

7. This marks (well tomorrow) the end of my FIFTH week of student teaching. People were not kidding when they say it flies by. I can honestly say I am probably learning more than I ever did in a classroom at USI. This is not a bad thing necessarily, but there is only so much they can do to prepare you. The only way to really learn how to teach is to well, teach. I so don't want to leave my sweet first graders in only 3 weeks! What will they do with out me? (Just kidding, I bet they won't even miss me! : (

8. My birthday is 2 months away... from yesterday! Yikes! Where has my 21st year gone? I just had a birthday for crying out loud and I'm not quite ready for another one! Zach only reminds me about it every other day. To which I reply, "Yours isn't far behind mine!" I do know that 22 will probably be an even better year than this one has been, and I just won't know until it gets here. So I'm just gonna have to enjoy these last two months of 21 before I meet 22! (22 is our number, the 22nd day of October is when we started "going steady," so I have a feeling it will be a good one for us!)

9. Zach is busy filing our tax returns, and oh boy, we can not wait to get our returns back this year!!

10. Random, but I can't wait to go Florida this year with my family! (Could it be all the snow we've had that is making me say this?) hmmm....

I hope ya'll are all having a great week! Almost the weekend!

11. Okay, I forgot one thing. Next week at school is my "Everything week. " AKA, the week I am the full time teacher. I will be teaching every single subject. I expect to survive with hopefully minimal damage and adequate sleep. If you can remember, pray I do well and don't spoil the future of our nation... or at least Boonville! : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t