Skip to main content

More First Grade Fun

So today my sweet first graders presented me with some pretty sweet letters. The majority of them told me that I was a great teacher, to have fun in 3rd grade, and to never forget them. (Which I never will!)

I did really well, hardly even cried as each student read their letter to me. One of my little girls leaned in and said, "You smell so good today!" Another said "I can't believe you're leaving us!" (Break my heart, why don't ya?) ; ) One of my girls even left the room in tears when I hugged each one of them goodbye at the end of the day. I am so glad I had the privilege to work with each and every one of those 20 children. They were so sweet, and I truly wish I could teach them up until they graduate! (Haha, I bet they don't wish the same!)

Here are some bits and pieces of their letters. (I didn't change the spelling of their words, because it's still cute when they use inventive writing in first grade!) : ) I also wrote a sentence or two of what I would say back to them if I could write them a letter! Which may not be a bad idea! hmm...

Dear Mrs. Scheller,

"I will miss you and thake you for helping me learn. You are a great teacher. Good luck at third grade. You will be missed dearly. Here are some flowers I made you." Apart from it feeling like I died (As I will be missed dearly!) so sweet! She also make me flowers with stems out of tissue paper. Thank you for the flowers, sweet girl, and never change your sweet, loving, and caring personality!

"I will miss you a lot. You are so nice. Good luck in third grade. You will be a good teacher. You are so pretty. I was so surprised when Mrs Tubbs said you were going to leave." She gets bonus points for calling me pretty and she was one of my little favorites! We are both from Kentucky so we had a common bond.

This next letter is from is from a little girl who had a mini-breakdown when Miss Tubbs told her I would be coming. Miss Tubbs told me the little girl said over and over, "I don't want her to come!"

"You did a good job. I will miss you. You are a good teacher. Good Luch in third gradr." So obviously, this letter meant so much to me! I turned her whole idea of me around and she ended up loving me. And I have to say I loved her too! Never be afraid to try new things, because they could just be your favorite things about life, sweetie!

Now from my little suck up! Haha. He was a difficult student at times, but could be oh-so-sweet!

"You war a grat teacher and a verey smart tether." Buddy, try to stay sweet and out of trouble, okay? Plus, I know you know what you do is the wrong choice! : ) You are too sweet to be doing bad things!

This little girl told me on the first day that her mother left her. Just flat out, like that. It broke my heart. In my head I was telling myself, I could be your Mother. It would be so easy. You are so sweet. How could anyone leave your adorable face. I don't think I ever even had to get on to her. She was simply good. So when I read her letter, rather she read it to me, I started to cry.

"I loved you like you was my sister and I hope that you have a wonderful job in third grade. I am very sad that I will never forget about you." (I translate that last line as "I am very sad you are leaving and I will never forget about you.") I will never forget you either, sweetie. I will probably think of you for years to come.

This one is from my smarty pants boy. He was oh-so-cute everyday. Button up shirts with sweater vests over them and wearing khakis and dress shoes. My perfect idea of dressing my own boy if I have one. Only if Zach is blind of course, as he would probably not like it! Haha!

"You were a good teacher. You were a good reader. You will be a good teacher next year. Hope you read new books next year." I definitely will read lots of new books, don't you worry!

Next comes the boy who thought would be the bane of my existence on my first day. On the second day, we were pals and I loved his ever loving hunting body. (I also told him my husband would like him too!)

"You are so fun that my heart coulb explode. Be good in third grade. You were a good teahcer. I hope you didn't forget are class." I promise to be good in third grade if you promise to be good all through the rest of first! I am so glad your sweet little heart didn't explode, although mine almost did when you read me this letter! : )

My sassy girl, who really tried to pretend she didn't know what was going on sometimes, but I know how smart she really is!

"You are a good teacher and you help do are work. Miss you and Miss you always. and I Love you." I miss and Love you too!

My girl who was just like me when I was little. So worried about grades and what her parents would think if she ever attained a poor grade. Except she got to take gymnastics lessons if she got all A's. (I was more of a dancer.) : )

"You did a great jod. I have a lot of fun on the day together when you were here. I sad that you are leaving!" I love that you love the exclamation points, girly! She had 3 more on the letter, but erased them for some reason.

Those were the best of my letters. I loved first grade because I know they meant every single word. In a way, I wish the whole world could be like first grade. They are all innocent and sweet. If someone gets their feelings hurt, we just discuss it and all is right in their world. No one is excluded because they are overweight or have a speech impediment. No one cares that she has on worn out clothes and not the newest GAP attire. First grade loves you for who you are and they always accept you. I see in a lot of ways why Jesus would say "Let the little children come unto me." They are the future and from my class, the future looks sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!