Skip to main content

Ten on Thursday on Spring Break!

1. At long last, this is my Spring Break, and it is almost over!! It has not been the most relaxing one either.

2. I took Nellie to the Dr. for the first times yesterday. They said she looked great except for a small hernia!! Come again? I did not even know dogs could get hernias. They gave me a lovely quote for her to get spayed and the hernia taken out for as little as $236.13 and at the most $363.68. Yikes, Zach is not going to like that. Turns out I was right, too! When I told him, he said, "She looks fine to me!" Haha.

3. On a similar note, we are having Nellie spayed tomorrow. Just not at this vet's office. I think we will have them be her primary veterinarian, but we are doing the surgery in Henderson. I called them today and they said they would take care of the hernia too! That is great news, as I know they will take good care of her and the cost is much better there! If you think tomorrow, stop and pray that her surgery goes well! (And that her Mama doesn't lose it waiting!) I am terrified that something could go wrong, and I think ya'll know how much we are in love with our Nellie girl!

4. I am working a puzzle this Spring Break. 1000 pieces. Which is another reason I'm not relaxed! : ) I get so frustrated if I am looking for a piece and can't find it or if I can't find where a piece goes! Also, add keeping a sneaking beagle from stealing said puzzle pieces off the cardboard table! If I get done and have one missing, I'll know who to blame!

5. Zach has been working so hard lately that I hoped he would have a day off this week that we could spend together. Wouldn't you know, he gets Monday off next week... yeah, when I'm back in school. That just stinks!

6. The job fair in Union County seemed to go pretty great. I had a short interview with the 3 elementary school principals all at once. I felt very at ease and actually able to convey good things about myself. Shocking, I know. Although I did knock my chair over as I stood up to shake their hands again!

7. We are still trying to get Zach's truck fixed! Let's hope we get this taken care of soon! Thankfully his parents are letting him borrow their truck so he can get himself to and from work!

8. The weather was so nice Monday I decided we would eat on our back deck with a picnic blanket we received as a wedding present. Zach didn't want to eat outside, so we sat the blanket on the floor of the living room and had an inside picnic! Haha.

9. I have done absolutely nothing in preparation for school next week. Which means starting tonight I better do something!

10. Today Elizabeth and I got to get together. We got soft pretzels at the mall, tried on dresses, got Starbucks, and then went to Borders! It was a great afternoon and I am so glad I got to see her while she is home on her Spring Break!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t