Skip to main content

Ten on Saturday

1. This week has been crazy. More on that in a second.

2. Today was only a four day work week, and I am on "Fall Break" from yesterday (Friday) through Monday. This makes next week a four day work week as well. Yay!

3. Zach had his first test in Calculus this week!

4. This week I wore eyeliner and mascara to school and was informed by a couple different kids that:
"Mrs. Scheller, you have eyeliner on." (Why do 6 year olds know what it is?)
"You look like you have glasses drawn around your eyes!" Thanks, N, I guess that is a legit comment.
They all saved themselves by saying, "You look just as pretty without your make up too!"
The lesson here is, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

5. Now the reason behind the horrible week. Poor Nellie girl has been so so sick. The last time she had eaten was Sunday night. She kept throwing up, so we took her to the vet on Tuesday. They gave her a shot to make her stop throwing up, two sets of pills, and specially prescribed wet dog food for her to eat. I was thinking, "Great. If only she'll eat." She didn't feel like eating Wednesday. I think maybe 4 bites of the food, but they (the vet) seemed satisfied with this enough that we didn't have to bring her in again if she ate better Thursday. Thursday came and she ate 3 bites/ Tbs of cottage cheese (weird, but the vet said it was a probiotic) and about 1/3 can of dog food. I was so thrilled with her feeling better I just about cried.

She is eating even more now, feeling better, and is most of all back to herself. I can't explain how good it feels to see her little tail wagging and her holding her head up. I hope she is not sick like this ever again! Daddy and Mama love you, Nellie girl!

6. Nellie and I also spent last weekend with my parents as Zach was gone hunting down at his grandparents' farm. We are chickens, so that's why we went! My sister, Suzanne, just adopted an Australian Shephard, German Shepard, and Golden Retriever mix from the Humane Society in Bowling Green, so to say it was an eventful weekend is being generous. On Friday night I think they barked at each other for 15 minutes, and on Saturday, they tried to bite one another half the day. By Sunday, they could look at each other without freaking out, so I guess you could say the weekend was a "success." Albeight, a very stressful success!

7. On the hunting front, Zach shot two deer last weekend; a buck and a doe. Unfortunately the buck did not leave a blood trail, so he was not able to find it, but he did bring home the doe.

8. Zach also got to use his new smoker this week. He smoked two of the "hams" from the deer legs. It was so sweet to see him so excited! He then pulled it all apart and we smothered it with barbecue sauce. (Think like pulled pork.) I have to say it was pretty good, only bad thing was that the very outside of it was a little tough and that got mixed in with the tender stuff. But hey, that's nothing a little dental floss can't take of.

9. Yesterday on my first day of my fall break, we slept in until (or should I say Zach did) until about 10:00. I woke up around 8:30, gave Nellie her medicine, and couldn't really go back to bed. After getting Donut Bank with Zach and getting to hang out, he had to go to school. Nellie napped on me through a couple episodes of Baby Story and What Not to Wear when I decided I should get up and do something. I mowed the grass... again! Crazy, isn't it? Especially if you know me, I have only used riding lawn mowers my entire life. Add in my allergies and asthma, and we'll just say it got done with me coughing just a little. I also laughed, because Zach came home in the middle of it and thought it was funny as well.

10. American Eagle has a promotion that ends tomorrow for people with worn out, old, or unusable denim. There is a project that it is turning the old jeans into insulation for houses. How cool is that? You also get 20% off your entire purchase when you donate. I seized the chance to take in the pair that got the huge hole in them last spring when I took my third graders on a field trip, and my skinny jeans that had been tragically ripped when I stepped up into the van. (It was tragic, because I kept trying to think of ways to mend them, but Zach knew there wasn't any way for that to happen!) So basically I went in last night and replaced my favorite pair. I didn't even have to try them on! Score. When I got home, I did put them on, and they fit like a glove, holding up even my non-existent booty. (Just ask any of my friends and family... they'll testify it's true. Haha)

Here's the run down on my payment for those who may (or may not) care. I was just impressed with me-self! : )

Reg. price- $39.95
Special promo of $10 off any jean - $29.95
20% off for donating old jeans- $5.60
Total price- $25.60 after tax

THEN, I still had a giftcard for $15. and something, so I paid only $9.62 out of my own pocket! I realize this is a long story for one pair of (ridiculously cute on me) jeans, but I just LOVES me a good deal. Yes, Mama, I get that from YOU!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Fall weekend! Zach is itching for me to finish this so we can get our hunting underway! We have to fill up that freezer, after all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!