Skip to main content

Ten on Thursday

1. Last Friday Elizabeth came over and we made spinach manicotti and apple cream cheese bundt cake. The cake I dropped bringing it out of the oven. Words couldn't express how angry I was! Ugh. At least our manicotti was delicious!

2. Saturday was New Year's Eve and we spent the day kind of lazily. I can't even remember what we did in the early in the day. That evening we went to Zach's parents' house to celebrate. We ate lots of yummy food and played Catch Phrase. I was so ready for bed at 10:00, but we made it until midnight, got our kisses in, and headed home. We were so exhausted we laid straight down in bed, and then naturally took forever to be able to sleep.

3. Sunday Zach had to work so I went to church and ate afterward at Mama Joyce's. Then I got my New year's presents from my Mama and Daddy. Yes, I still get a little something for New Year's! I got a pink necklace from Memories, an antique shop in Henderson, peach bellini lotion from Bath and Body works, and an umbrella for bus duty!

4. Zach got a magazine subscription to Fur, Fish, and Game from me for New Years. Magazines are about his favorite reading material.

5. Monday was my last day before I had to head back to work, so we made a fun day out of it. We slept in until 10:00(!), did a teeny bit of shopping, ate lunch at Shyler's and headed home for some lazy time. We watched The A-Team for the 4th or 5th time since Zach had his surgery, but we always enjoy it! Then we went out to Olive Garden for supper! I think I ate two bites of my food though, and was done! I just saved the rest for lunch on Tuesday. I can't lie, I was so sad for Monday to end! Not because I didn't want to go back to work, but because I just love sleeping in and being home with Zach and Nellie! Wouldn't that be the life? Sigh....

6. Tuesday brought the first day of this second semester of school. I can't believe the school year is half over! It is just going by so fast! Let's hope I can still say this a couple weeks before spring break! : )

7. The first week back to school went really fast and went pretty well. I had some serious sleep with drawl, but I think the kids did too!

8. I also started tutoring with my little guy and it was fun to hear all he got for Christmas and his birthday! (Which was Jan 1st!)

9. Saturday Ben, Becca, and Claire's parent's called me and asked if I could come babysit so they could go out for their anniversary! I of course couldn't miss out on that, and we had a blast watching Tangled which I am pretty sure has become my favorite Disney movie! I can't get enough of their sweet kiddos!

10. Zach worked again on Sunday, so it was another Sunday with church and lunch at Mama Joyce's! I am not spoiled at all! ; )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!