Skip to main content

Ten on Thursday

1. This week on Tuesday Elizabeth an I got to go to Cheddar's! The best part was we didn't have to wait because we went so early!

2. I have been sewing a skirt and the last step was to shir the skirt so it would cinch up and be elastic-y. It sounds all well and good until it didn't work! I realized I needed a bigger needle for my machine, so yet another trip to Jo-Anns was needed. Then I got home and I still couldn't get it to work just right. Ugh, I need some help!

3. Poor Zach had to work or be in class every single night this week, which has sucked, since we haven't gotten to see each other much at all. I missed him so much, but thankfully his schedule is better for next week!

4. This week has been so slow! It goes that way sometimes with 4 day weeks, so I am ready for the weekend.

5. Friday was our friend Ryan's birthday, so I went out to eat with he and Kayleigh since Zach was working.

6. Working out is going good and have lost another 3 lbs, which brings the total to 11 lbs! Hope I don't hit that plateau too soon and I can keep going down!

7. Suzanne and I went shopping on Wednesday night and had Chick-fil-a. She is going back to school on Sunday, so I am glad we got to hang out again!

8. Wednesday night my throat started hurting and in the middle of the night I woke up barely able to swallow because my throat was so swollen. I felt terrible but went to work and made it through the day. When I got home I had a temp of 99.8. In case you don't remember I was just sick in December and not happy to be like this again. I took meds, went to sleep, made it through Friday and was hoping the weekend would help me feel better.

9. Our weekend was crazy busy! I felt like it was go, go, go! Saturday we got breakfast from Chick-fil-a and then opened up a savings account! Woo hoo! Then we went to Zach's parents' new house that they are renovating and tried to help out. I screwed in three screws to hold the floor down! More than I've ever done with home construction! Then I ran to Wal-Mart with Zach's mom and Aubrie to get things for Jessie's shower the next day. Then Zach took me to the Heart of Newburgh and bought me a Vera Bradley tape measurer! Every seamstress needs one!
Then we relaxed with Papa John's pizza, yum!

10. Sunday was my sister-in-law, Jessie's, baby shower. I went to church with Zach's parents and then helped his mom with all the shower stuff and even made my punch for the shower. The shower went wonderfully and our little nephew-to-be, Isaiah, got so much stuff! He definitely will have no shortage of clothes! Pictures are on my camera, so when I am efficient enough I will upload them! We can't to meet our new nephew in March!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t