Skip to main content

First Four Days: Not for the faint of heart

The first five days of our no spend month (from here on out= NSM, much easier to type!) have gone pretty smooth.

Thoughts so far:
  • Well, I passed the mall the other day and the following all ran through my head at the same time-
  1. Hmm, a cinnamon pretzel from Auntie Anne's sounds delicious.  I should get one, I can practically taste it! Crap, I can't. NSM.
  2. If I went to the mall I could JUST walk around.  Just look, maybe make a list of things I need.   I need nothing.  Get a grip on it.
  3. New York & Company closed, which makes my life a little less awesome.  I should go find a "replacement" store, you know, for when I can spend money again.  Except then I would look, want to buy, and then just be sad. 
  • I'm happy to say, after all these thoughts went through-
  1. We have cookie dough at home, I can pop some of those in the oven when I get home. 
  2. I should look through my clothes when I get home and pull some things I haven't worn in a while to wear soon. Also, since I'm looking through, I can go through and clean up a little! 
I already feel a little bit of freedom since I am trying to turn my thought to what I already have and not what I want, want, want.  I am still thinking probably 4-5 times daily about some item I want like a cookie from Donut Bank : ) or a cappuccino or tea from the gas station or Chick-fil-a, but I am working very hard at putting things into perspective.  

On the cooking front, it is going great.  I have always loved cooking, so it's not that much more of a chore.  One thing that I have tried before is menu planning.  I haven't always done great with this,  but I think it was because we had the fall-back option of going out and picking something up.  But not this month!! I'm going to go ahead and post our suppers for the week.   Some recipes I have posted on the blog before, but ones I haven't I will try to post, especially if there is any interest from my 2 or 3 readers! ; )
2-1-13 Friday
Sally's noodle casserole
Salad (recipe below)

2-2-13 Saturday
Leftovers of Sally's and Two Timin' pasta bake from Pinterest

2-3-13 Sunday
It was superbowl, so there wasn't really so much cooking as much of heating things up in the oven.  But I digress...  We had-
Honey BBQ Boneless Chicken Bites
Baked steak house style fries
Chili Cream Cheese dip w/ chips
Nestle Swirled Valentines chocolate chip cookies for dessert

2-4-13 Monday
Chicken puffs
creamed corn
Cookies from Sunday

2-5-13 Tuesday
Broccoli Deer Braids
Mashed Potatoes

2-6-13 Wednesday
Pancakes and Bacon

2-7-13 Thursday
Spinach  Tortellini Pasta

2-8-13 Friday
Chicken Bites and fries

2-9-13 Saturday
Chicken Enchiladas
 
I will also to take pictures of the recipes I post, but first two disclaimers:
  1. I may not take pictures, because I enjoy eating what I make much more than staring at it.
  2. My camera is not great and the lighting in our house is pitiful!  
So, you've been warned! : )  Hope everyone's week is going well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!