Skip to main content

Blog every day in May- Days 23, 24, and 25!

Hey, I had been doing so well in this challenge... and then came the last days of school for the year, and I guess things were just crazy!

Day 23- Things you've learned that school won't teach you. 

Always look before you sit down on the toilet.  There's no telling if your husband remembered to put it down or not.  (And I've fallen in the toilet more times than I'd care to admit.)

Never underestimate the power of being nice.  You don't know other people's struggles, you never know when your paths might cross again, and you never know how you might impact someone else's life by one small gesture of kindness.

Real life is not a Disney movie.  The prince and princess get married, ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after.  Not a bad idea, but a lot of couples actually expect their marriage to be this way.  It would be so nice if life would be this clean-cut, but it's so so not.  We disagree, get sick, need surgeries, run short on money, things break, unexpected things happen, houses are messy, cars need new tires... the list could go on and on.  The most important things you need are a heck-of-a-lot of love and the ability to make each other laugh, especially when all you want to do it cry.

Laugh every day.  I've heard the prescribed time to do this daily is 15 minutes.   Zach and I usually achieve this by looking at the humor section on Pinterest!

The ACT (test) is useless.  It's simply a test that "predicts" how you will perform academically your freshman year of college.  And here so many people in school were stressing about the score on their test when it really does you very little in the grand scheme of things!

All your teachers in high school tell you they are preparing you for college.  They lie!  High school is nothing like college.  College is totally different. Fun, different, and an adventure.  A little confusing at first, but you get the hang of it, and with a little luck and some faith, you'll get a degree 4 years down the road and hopefull be a successful, contributing member to society.

Day 24- Your top three worst traits

1. I am really terrible at getting motivated some times.  Usually it is in the areas of cleaning, working, or working out.  I guess you could just call it lazy at some times as well.  I can look around at the crap strewn about our house, knowing it needs to be taken care of, and just say, "Eh, I'll do it tomorrow."  I really wish I could be the person that has tons of energy, running from room to room, effortlessly cleaning and putting away, but alas, I am not.  I also dread getting up and going to work so many days, but I think that mostly just stems from not being a morning person.  And working out, (or lack thereof) absolutely comes from laziness on a lot of days.

2.  I am messy.  I am an organizational mess.  I try to establish places for things to go, but somehow they don't always find their way there.  At home and at school! (Yikes, although I work super hard at school to not let things get out of hand!)  *I know it's not fair, since we're talking me, but when you have a certain *cough*cough* husband who is just as messy, it does make things twice as hard!

3.  I am a worrier.  I worry about everything.  Sometimes it is all-consuming and then I am just a bundle of nerves.  I loathe this about myself and that is probably why I hate one of Zach's favorite sayings- "It is what it is."  I probably hate this because I am constantly thinking But it's not.  I can change it, could have changed it, would have changed it and would be different.  Blah, blah, blah.  So yeah, worrying is a really bad trait of mine. 

My, oh my, it is hard to see those things written down, but I suppose since I am really aware of them, I can try to work on making improvements in these areas!!

Day 25- Something that someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget.

In middle school, I very rarely rode (maybe 2 times) the bus to school in the mornings.  On day, a girl that very rarely had anything nice to say, asked me: "Hey, Nathana, do you pluck your eyebrows?"  Instantly I braced myself for her ugly quip to follow after I replied slowly, "Noooooo."  To which she replied, "Well, you have naturally great shaped eyebrows then!"  And she meant it.  And even though she probably doesn't even remember saying that, I remember it. 11 years later, and I think of that moment every time I check out my eyebrows.  Isn't it nice to remember the times people were nice instead of mean to you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t