Skip to main content

Black Friday Weekend

Well the week of Thanksgiving was pretty good seeing as it was a two day work week! This post is not about that, though.  It's about the shopping!  We drove down to Huntsville, Alabama to shop with my Aunt and cousins.  On Thanksgiving night, there was nowhere else open, so we ate at Denny's.  Bless our waiter's heart, he must have been new because he was so slow.  We also heard his manager get on to him and another customer pointed out to him that "you might want to get those ladies over there some more water.  They look thirsty."  The four of us felt so sorry for him.  My salad was delicious and it was FOOD, so that's all I even cared about!  After that, we drove on to my cousin, Rachael's house and had pecan pie.  We then turned it at our hotel room!  Sister and I got to be bunk-mates.  She was super thrilled! ; )

We didn't get up super early, we're not those type of black friday shoppers.  We were up and headed out by 7:00.  We hit Dillard's, Belk, and my most favorite, New York and Company!  We ate at Chick-Fil-A and then headed to Target before waving the white flag of surrender.  Suzanne took a nap mid-day sleep for about 2 hours, and we rested at Rachael's until we went back out about 6:00 to the other Target where we scored some great deals on DVD's and some other things I can't mention until Christmas is over! ; ) 

Bright-eyed and bushy tailed! 

Just had to document that these exit. I hee-hawed when I saw these!  Gag me, well, unless they carried a UK style! ; )
 Saturday morning we headed out again after packing up all our things at the hotel.  We went to another mall and got some buys that were better than the day before.  I may or may not have picked out my first ever pair of Sperry's... we'll just have to see what Santa brings! : )  Belks, Bath and Body Works, "Knives, Knives", JC Penney, and American Eagle were our stops for the morning.
This is proof Mother doesn't always know best. Just wear your tennis shoes, Nathana, you'll be comfortable.  Comfortable I was, but stylish I wasn't.  I cringe looking at this! Hehe!  

After lunch at Chick-fil-a, we were headed on the road home!  I picked up Nellie from Zach's parents' house and came home.  Did I forget to mention Zach went hunting for the entire time?  And he stayed gone through Sunday, which meant Nellie and I toughed it out at home by ourselves Saturday night.  What can I say?  Us girls are just getting more and more fearless! (Haha!)  I will admit, though, I wasn't nearly as scared as I used to be.   We sure did miss Zach, though!

He came home on Sunday, so I came raced home as fast as I could to see him.  Four days is much too long to not see his handsome face!  It was a pretty good weekend, but I have to say, nothing beats having our little family all together! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!