Skip to main content

Bumpdate: Week 8




How Far along: 8 weeks

Baby's size: Raspberry (Which I HATE, but I'm sure our baby is the cutest raspberry you ever did see!)   ; ) 

Weight loss/gain: Lost about 3 lbs, I've been working out normally, and plan to continue unless the OB says otherwise!

Sleep: Still (almost) nightly pee trips, and sometimes need a little snack to settle my belly.  Who would ever have thought I'd find it annoying to eat?  Only in the middle of the night, though! Haha!

Gender:  Chinese gender chart predicts a bouncing baby boy, but again, who knows?  I still say I don't want us to find out, and Zach is not swaying that he definitely does!

Movement: Baby is definitely moving and a grooving in there, but probably at LEAST another 10 weeks till I feel anything.

Best Moment of this week: Confirming at the Dr. that we are pregnant (Duh!) and getting to ask most of my questions.  Also made my appt. for my first ultrasound in 3 weeks!!  I will be 10w 5d according to me (Hint: I'm right! ; )) and according to Dr. I'll be exactly 12w.  Zach is of course coming and we are anxious for the appt. to get here!

Looking Forward to: One word: Ultrasound!  Also, this weekend we're going to French Lick for a marriage retreat through Community Marriage Builders, and we're hoping it'll be amazing! 

Food cravings:  I pretty much eat whatever I feel like eating, but I can't say I "crave" anything. 

Weirdest Food I ate last week: Nothing really.  Still feel like I eat all. day. long.

Anything making you feel sick or queasy: Morning/Noon/Night sickness is still hanging around which is comforting to me (go ahead and call me crazy) because I figure that has to mean things are happening in me!

Symptoms:  Sickness and Hello to the fatigue.  Another thing I thought I got off scott-free from is here.  I am by no means the people who I read about online who just can't stay awake at work or at home, but I have been taking naps every now and then, and have been much more ready for bed around 9-9:30 p.m., which is so not normal for me!

Workouts: Walked on treadmill Monday.  See above tiredness! 

What I miss:  Nothing much. 

Things that stink: Feeling sick, I guess.  I just accept it as part of the journey though!

Things that don't stink: Getting ready for our fun weekend away and telling my sister about BS!  I met her and Mama to go shopping at Banana Republic and the whole drive there I was trying to come up with the perfect way to tell her.  I walked in practically sweating (I'm just weird, okay?) and my Mom was grinning towards me like the cat who ate the canary.  I was telling Suzanne that it had been long time, no see, and she informed me that I could hug her then! Ha!  While we hugged I just whispered in her ear, "You're going to be an aunt!"  She pulled back fast and said, "Are you serious.  Oh my gosh!"  Then teared up a little bit!  I can't lie that I was a little surprised!  She instantly got very excited and remembered to ask when I was due and how far along I was! Very sweet sister moment!

Also told Aunt Elizabeth about you!  She was surprised I think and is so excited at the thought of you!

Mama's Thoughts: I hate to rush time, but I just want our u/s to get here and see that everything is perfect and to finish out the 1st trimester so we can share our joy with the rest of our friends/family/ random people I meet on the street! Hehe. 

Daddy's Thoughts: Zach wants to make sure I'm not overdoing it and has been very sweet to help out with whatever I'm doing!  If I'd know that getting pregnant was what it took...Haha, I kid! (kinda!) ; )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!