Skip to main content

Exciting Events

1. Well, the last week has been anything but boring! Last week was the first full week of school and I didn't even get hit by any cars on bus duty! That's a win/win situation! In all seriousness, I am having a great time getting settled in and getting lesson plans established for my first and second graders' reading blocks. I start with them next week.


2. Nellie has one obsession. Ice, Ice, Baby. The puppy girl will do anything for ice. She just loves it. So therefore, I love to watch her eat it. It's just too fun!


3. Today is Zach's first day back to school! I told one of the other teachers at school I was like a nervous Mama, wondering if he had gotten up on time, what he was wearing, and how his day was going. He will hate reading that! (That is if he ever reads this!)


4. Poor hubs had to go straight to work after school and will be there until 8:30 or so. I plan to have supper waiting when he gets home, though. Poor boy is gonna be tired and hungry!


5. I have been working out almost every day on my elliptical, and I already feel better. I also think I have lost some weight, but our scales are some that Grandma Scheller had, so I'm not sure how accurate they are. When I check on another pair, I will update for sure! (As long as it agrees with me! : ))


6. On Friday, Kayleigh and Ryan came over and I made Chicken Fettucine Alfredo. Zach got to make himself eggs and toast when he came home!!


7. Saturday morning we headed to Mama and Daddy's house with Nellie. They kept her while Zach and I went squirrel hunting. Zach shot one squirrel and I freaked out about all the deer ticks on me. I survived though, and it was just a little fun killing the ticks with my fingernails.


8. Saturday night we went to Zach's sister's house for supper. Aubrie was enjoying showing me their pear tree and riding her bike!



9. Zach is having surgery this Thursday to remove the lipoma (sp?) from his right under arm. We are so thankful for him to finally be having the surgery, but are still a little nervous. Please pray for us when you think of it on Thursday! We know we will feel your prayers. I will update on him as soon as he (hopefully) conks out when we get home. We hope it is not a repeat of when he had his wisdom teeth out. (He was crazy hyper, loud, and non-compliant! haha)


That's about it for this week! I don't know how consistent I will be on my Ten on Thursdays, so I may have to be innovative with my alliterations on other days! We will see, however! I leave you with a picture of our sweet girl! She was enjoying a little chew on the pumpkin juice her Aunt Suzanne had brought Mama and Daddy from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! (We had already drank it all.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. This weekend we didn't plan on handing out candy, but then felt guilty when we saw all of the cute little trick-or-treaters walking around. We ran to the store and got lots of candy. We only had 13 or 14 kids!! Oh well, I am giving the rest of candy to the little girl I tutor on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 2. One of the girls that trick-or-treated at our house saw Nellie and exclaimed, "Isn't Nellie a handful of precious!" It was so sweet and had us laughing. 3. On Tuesday when I was at tutoring, the word unjustly was in the book we were reading. I asked her if she knew what justice was, and she replied, "Actually, it's like a girl's store in the mall!" Oh, how I love the things kids say! 4. Zach informed me last night that it was "no shave November!" He tried to do this last year and didn't last long, so let's hope for the same this year! ; ) 5. Nellie turned 3 months old today! Her most recent interests are: -Running