Skip to main content

Vacation 2013- Days 7 & 8

On Thursday, we knew it was going to rain a good majority of the day, so we planned our shopping trip for then.  We drive to Destin and shop at the Silver Sand Outlet Mall.  Zach didn't really want to go this year, so he stayed at the condo and went to lunch at Mellow Mushroom with my Daddy.  We made stops at our usual places: Polo, Ann Taylor, The Gap, Coach, Fossil, and Carter's. I got some great deals on clothes for our niece and nephews at Carter's, but haven't seen them since we've been back to give them to them.  Oops! I got some clothes for Zach and I, but other than that, I didn't spend too much!  Zach's always happy to hear that! ; )  When we got back, Zach, Daddy, and I went to the Hofbrau Biergarten for supper.  I had the Doner Kebab and Zach had bratwurst with a soft pretzel.  Then we had Oma's Apple Strudel for dessert! Yumm!  We were so very stuffed afterwards!
                           
             I saw this purse in coach loved it... until I saw the $450 price tag... umm, no thank you!
 
My dress from Gap
 
The traditional gift for a third wedding anniversary is leather.  It was a little late, but I got Zach a new leather wallet! I think he likes it! : )
 Lexie and Norah Kate at Panera!
And again!  They are getting so big!
Mama and Suzanne at Panera. 
 
My cousins were staying with  my brother to get supper in Destin, so my Aunt Lynn was going to take all of her grandkids back to PCB.  She needed somebody to ride with her to help out, and I was her helper naturally!  You can see the set up below.  Lexie and Norah Kate in the back, Eden and Logan on each side of me. It took an hour to get back, but we didn't have any major melt downs and I got Logan to sleep, so all in all, it was a success! : ) I did decide I probably won't pray specifically for twins or anything! (Ha!)
  
Eden!!
Before going to supper
                                                                    And closer
                                              And even closer!  I just liked all three pictures so much!
                                                                 Hobrau Biergarten!
                                                               My supper!
                                                                   Zach's supper!
                                                                     Our Dessert!


 On Friday, our last day, we went down to the beach for the morning, then the pool.  Then Daddy, Zach, and I went to eat lunch at Pineapple Willy's.  I got my (expensive!) bucket o' ribs and got a new t-shirt!  I know ya'll won't believe it, but I actually picked blue!   Then we got back to the condo and hung out for a little while and we started packing up stuff to head home. : (  We also played shuffleboard with Jonathan and Suzanne late that night since Jonathan wanted to play really bad.  Suzanne and Jonathan beat us!  We all lamented that night about how bad packing to go home is!
                                                          
                                                             Last day at the beach!
                                                                    Sweet husband!
                                                                      My Daddy and I!
 
My bucket of ribs!
                                                               Night-time shuffleboard!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!