Skip to main content

Wheeeee!! Nellie's 3!





Love these pictures of us!

                                                                          Our little family!
                                                                  
Her beautiful cake from Donut Bank! (She only has a teeny tiny sliver! The rest was enjoyed by the people guests! ; )
Nellie Girl,
How is it possible you are 3?  It seems like yesterday we drove through hail and rain to go pick you up.  You are so big now and we love you so much.  I never knew I'd love you like I do!  You are such a joy to Daddy and I and you bring such happiness and fun to our home.  On any bad day, I come home to you and you give me nothing short of an adoring look and frantically wagging tail.  God knew exactly what he was doing when we gave you to us!  You are excellent practice for a real baby someday with all of your antics!  When that day comes, we know you'll be the best furry big sister ever!  You are so good with your "people-cousins!"  Isaiah and Aubrie love you to pieces and love petting you! I don't care if people think I'm crazy for throwing birthday parties for you or for writing a blog post for you, you're my baby girl, and will always be our "first bought" child!  ; )
                                                                                 I love you so much!
                                                                                                   Love,
                                                                                                   Mama

Some things that have gone on this last year:
-Went rabbit hunting with Daddy AND Mama
- Stayed with Nana and Poppy while Mama and Daddy were in Florida
-Went to visit Granddaddy and Mama Grace with Mama (A 3 hour car ride, your longest ever!  You did awesome!)
-Have been staying out of your kennel while Mama and Daddy are at work!  We tried some before Christmas and you did well until you got into the presents one day! : /  Who can blame you, though?! We've been trying out again and you are still doing awesome.  We can practically see the pride on your little face when we inspect the house when we get home and everything is exactly how it should be!

Nicknames:  Nellers, Nook, Boog, Nellie Girl, Boog-a-noog.  It's funny how we call you all these things!  I never thought I'd call you anything other than your name, but they just pop out my mouth and you respond to them as quickly as your actual name!

Interests:
-Still love ice and pork chomp
- We bought busy bones this past year and found out you love those.
-You also love to ride in the car.  I think it is your favorite thing.....
-after your #1 favorite of sleeping in the bed with Mama and Daddy! (Gasp! What you say?  She sleeps with ya'll?)  She doesn't sleep with us every night, but every so often, we let her sleep at the foot of the bed.  Usually it's just on the weekends, but we have let her sleep with us a lot this summer.  I know, I know!  You're all thinking we're crazy, and I never thought I'd let a dog sleep with us either, but I do.  I've learned to never say never!  (And sadly I'm not very good at saying "No" to Nellie either!)

Dislikes:
-Baths are #1 on your hate list.  You hate them. so. much.  It is mean, but if we say, "Nellie, you wanna take a bath?" you run up to us and plunge down onto our shoulder and snuggle on up as if that will get you out of it.  It is the cutest thing ever.  Both your Grandma and Nana think we are mean parents for always doing it to you when we want to laugh!
-The vet.  You usually like Dr. Kelly, but I think that ever since we took you when your were sick, that you remember them sticking the thermometer up your you-know-what and that was pretty traumatic for  you.  You act happy when we walk in until they take us into the exam room.  Then you are all antsy and sniff everywhere.  When the nurse and Dr. come in you crack them up by being so submissive and cute. You will roll on your back and I think you think it will get you out of your shots!  Nice try, but it doesn't work.  This year they had to hold you up in a sitting position, and all you had to get was the kennel cough puff up your nose!  Silly girl!! 


Sweet hunting buddies!



Can you tell this is with my new camera?  It's so awesome!
Watching over Daddy after his surgery this summer!






Sometimes she thinks she is a small dog and perches!















                                                                                                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Ten on Thursday

1. Zach is on Spring Break this week! Even if it is just from his one class, we still enjoyed it! I actually got to have him with me all last night! 2. I am almost done with my first week in third grade. So far, so good! The kids seem to really like me and I'm becoming rather fond of them as well! 3. I was working out last night and accidentally kicked Nellie in the side of her head. She is okay, but Zach may still be dying of laughter! I felt awful and was trying to pick her up as she was trying to scurry away from me. She must have thought I did it intentionally! Poor baby! She got lots of hugs and kisses after that though! 4. We have kept our sink free of dirty dishes for over a week now! This may not sound like such a feat, but trust me, when you don't have a dishwasher, it is! 5. Tomorrow is the "Spring Fling" carnival at my school. I am going to help set it up after school, which should be fun! 6. Warrick County School Corporation announced this past week that t