Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up August 4-10

I'm going to get back into doing my weekly wrap-ups or weekend recaps so that I can keep up with all that is going on in our busy lives.  Sunday was Nellie's 3rd(!) birthday and that is a whole post in and of itself!  I took Nellie and dropped her off at Mama Joyce's and then went to church.  Zach was worn out, so he met up with me after church.  We all celebrated Nellie's birthday with a yummy cake and then went home to veg out the rest of the afternoon! read: I took a 2.5 hour nap!  It was glorious, but not so much when I couldn't get back to sleep that night! 
Monday was my first day back to summer camp and several of my kids were pretty happy to see me!  After work on Monday and Tuesday, I went to babysit my favorite kids while their mom was at a fundraising thing!  We had so much fun with the exception of Tuesday night when one of the girls gagged themselves with a glow stick and subsequently blew chunks all over their bed! (She was perfectly fine, thank the Lord!)  That led to me of course cleaning it up, changing her out of her bed, and getting her settled back down for sleep!  A crazy end to the night, but those kiddos are just so sweet and I love them no matter what they do! 

Wednesday night Elizabeth and I went to The Pace Tre, a cupcakery here in Evansville for a little snackeroo!  We've had their cupcakes from a coffee shop in the mall before, but this was the first time we've ever been to the store.  It was so cute!  Then she, Zach, and I went to Qdoba and came back to the house to watch Pitch Perfect.  We love that movie and thankfully, so did Elizabeth! 

Wednesday was also my last day of summer camp, so all my sweet kiddos gave me hugs as I was leaving and one of my 11 year olds told me "Love you!"  That meant a lot seeing as most 11 year old boys don't admit to liking their teachers!  He was a great helper to me this summer and I will miss him so much next year! (He can't come back b/c he is in 6th grade now and we only go up until you've completed 5th or are 11 y.o.)

Thursday I went out with Elizabeth and our friend, Shawn.  I hadn't seen Shawn since her wedding last summer so it was so good to catch up on what she and her new hubby have been up to!  Hopefully it won't be so long before I get to see her again!  
Thursday was also my first day back to "school" with a corporation-wide meeting.  We had a great speaker and he really got me excited and ready to go back to school!

On Friday, I had a whole work day at my school that started with a meeting with my school's new principal.  I like her a lot and think that it's going to be a great year!

Friday evening, all of us summer camp (+ spouses) went to Olive Garden to celebrate the end of a successful summer camp.  We usually go to Hacienda and refer to it as our "Spanish Club," but Ryan saw that the never-ending pasta bowl was back, so he insisted on that! Hey, my arm never needs twisting to eat Italian! 

On Saturday, I went to a bridal shower at church, out to lunch with Elizabeth and Megan (can you tell I try to soak up every minute of Elizabeth being in town?!), and then mowed at Mama Joyce's.  I got home just in time to get a shower before Zach got home from work!  It was a long day as well!  I can't even recall what we did for supper that night, but I'm pretty sure we stayed in!  

Wow, looking back on all I did, no wonder I felt like I wasn't at home at all this week!  It was definitely jam-packed with fun and work, but that always helps me appreciate the quiet, relaxing moments more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!