Skip to main content

Bumpdate: Week 22

How Far along: 22 weeks (I said it would be a good week since 22 is our number! : ))

Baby's size: Papaya (side note: I'm not sure that I've ever eaten one of these!)

Weight loss/gain: Gained, then lost a lb.  Not sure how to explain that. Still at the weight of pre-pregnancy.  Kind of crazy to me, but I'm not complaining if he's growing and healthy!

Sleep: I'm doing a little better at getting back to sleep after my nightly bathroom break.

Gender: Bouncing baby boy!  Starting to look for some boy clothes! (But not too many since everybody says I'll get tons at my baby showers!)

Movement:  He's moving and grooving, and some days I feel more than others.  I am really thinking that I'll be able to feel all his movements pretty soon.  Feeling him some more from the outside!

Best Moment of this week: Registering at Babies 'R Us and Target!  Also buying our first cloth diapers! So excited to start figuring out how we are going to make that work for us!  Also, we just had the day to ourselves and had lunch at Vecchio's in Newburgh. 

Looking Forward: 3 day weekend is finally here!

Food cravings: I have wanted sweets a little!  First time in a while!  I do not want to overdo it! 

Weirdest Food I ate last week: Not a thing. I've never been a big enthusiast on trying weird things, and don't plan on starting now!

Anything making you feel sick or queasy: Nope! Thank goodness! : )

Symptoms: Just lower back pain, but wearing my ever-so-stylish maternity support hose help a good bit!

Workouts: Does work count as a workout? I stand and walk around for 8 hours!  If it's not, it's starting to feel like one!

What I miss: Christmas break! : ) 

Things that stink: Not too much!  Zach is taking night class twice a week this semester through the community college to add to his knowledge of his job, so it stinks since I'll be alone, but I of course want him to do what he needs to do.  It's also a machining class (hands on) so I think he likes it!  Luckily it ends about 3 weeks before baby should arrive, so again, not too bad!

Things that don't stink: Getting to enjoy my sweet husband and baby girl.  I am trying to enjoy every moment in the evenings and weekends with them.  If you think about it, we only have roughly 18 weekends left before baby, which doesn't seem like a lot, all of a sudden!

Also, a couple people have started asking about when my baby shower will be, so I get to start thinking about that! So exciting, and so surreal.  For years I've dreamed about having my shower at church especially because they are always so special (or so I think!).  There will be so many women there that helped raise my mom in church, then me, and now will be a part of baby's life.  God is so good! 

Mama's Thoughts: I am so happy to have a long weekend to enjoy time off and maybe get some things done.  We are also going out to celebrate our friend, Ryan's birthday with our "spanish club" and we haven't seen then since before we found out we were expecting!  It's been too long!

Daddy's Thoughts: Zach liked registering for baby stuff because of the same reason he did for our wedding.  He loves that scan gun!  ; )  He got a little scanner happy, but I'm thrilled he wanted to be a part of it, and is showing an interest in what we want for him!  He also whizzed around with the strollers to test them out, which I have to say is pretty darn cute!

Baby:  Shim boy is growing by the day.  I feel like the movements are getting a little more pronounced each day.  I read all the weight and height estimates on my baby apps and laugh, because I can only assume he is already bigger than that!  It'll be interesting to see, especially I can only assume we won't have any more u/s unless they need to check for positioning or size! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!