Skip to main content

Ohhhh, We're Halfway there! Bumpdate: 20 Weeks

How Far along: 20 weeks

Baby's size: A banana, (but really bigger since they start counting the legs) Our u/s tech said about the size of a barbie doll!

Weight loss/gain: Haven't gained any since last week.

Sleep: Actually a little better since being on Christmas break.  I think I'm not as stressed and know I can sleep in, so it's been pretty good.

Gender: Shim revealed to the u/s tech what they are.  We are having a gender reveal party Sunday after church!

Movement: I definitely feel Shim the most in the mornings and in the evenings when I'm laying down.  It's still not very often, but the movements are maybe a little more noticeable this week. Still waiting for them to be strong enough for Zach to feel!

Best Moment of this week: Having our u/s and seeing that Shim has a beautiful, pumping 4 chamber heart, kidneys, a bladder, a stomach, and a beautiful spine!  A big relief, even though we had no reason to think Shim was anything other than healthy!  I drank a lemonade and had Christmas candy before the Dr. and it may have been too much sugar.  Shim was crazy in there kicking and moving. Haha!

Looking Forward: To our gender reveal party.  I still don't really want to tell everybody, but since I went ahead and found out, I figure what's the point?  We will not be telling Shim's name, however, until they are born.  And on this, I am remaining absolutely unswayed.

Food cravings: Not really.

Weirdest Food I ate last week: Not a thing. I've never been a big enthusiast on trying weird things, and don't plan on starting now!

Anything making you feel sick or queasy: We ate duck that Zach killed the other night and it was so delicious, but right after I was convinced I was going to throw up.  Luckily, I didn't! 

Symptoms: Round Ligament pain is real.  And I don't care for it!  haha. It's not the worst, though, and gives me a good excuse to sit down!

Workouts: Non-existent.  I am so not proud of this.

What I miss: Calling Shim "Shim.": (

Things that stink: I'm not going to lie, I am wishing I could have convinced Zach to not find out.  I realized though that his plan of finding out and me not was just not going to work for me.  I think it would have driven me crazy and I've just been sad about it all.  Which I know is terrible.  No judging!

Things that don't stink: Being 20 weeks.  It's hard to believe we're halfway there, maybe a little more or less!

Mama's Thoughts: It has been a draining week.   I know I should probably be saying how wonderful it was and blah, blah, blah, but apparently I'm letting the hormones kick in.  I am thankful to the Lord for a healthy baby, though!

Daddy's Thoughts: Zach gives Shim pep-talks about moving and kicking stronger so he can feel.  He says he is over-the-moon about what Shim is, but of course that was my wording in a question, so he just replied, "Yes."  I'm still going to count it as him saying it, though. 

Baby: Shim measured ahead by 6 days on the u/s!  They said weight was around 12 oz when my baby app said it's usually around 8.5.  I should have known with Zach as my child's father our baby could be big!  Who knows, though, things might slow down or speed up even more.  We will just have to see! Shim also really didn't want us to see their face.  They kept their arms up in "tornado drill" position for a lot of the time and barely moved them for a us to get a semi-decent picture of their face.  The one we did get is pretty precious, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day and the Quickest Weekend Ever

Valentine's morning I treated myself to a heart-shaped chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a.  They were BOGO free AND I got a survey for a free chicken sandwich.  That in and of itself made my day! : )                                                       Friday evening Zach and I tried to go out for Valentine's Day.  We thought we were early enough to beat the rush, but it turned out we weren't.   We ended up going back home with a quick stop through Donut Bank to get dessert and then we had a DiGiorno pizza and watched the Olympics.  Can you feel the romance? Haha.                                                                                                     Yummy Whoopie Pie!                                                                                          My Valentine! Saturday morning began gloriously at 9:20 a.m. It seems like it's been forever since I slept that late, but it was wonderful!  I met my friend, Jennifer, and he

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas festivities started with Zach's family on Christmas Eve!  We opened presents and ate!  I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!  As you can see, Christmas is so more magical when there are little ones to spoil! : ) Mrs. Claus house shoes from Nana and Poppy!  Mmmmm, paper!  We got Zach's dad a long magnet on wheels.  We hope he liked it!! Haha, it was one of those gifts that was more of a necessity I think!  She was excited!  We are glad she liked it!  We got Zach's mom a record player that is a 5-in-1 system!  Isaiah's sweater we got him!  Its pockets are in the shape of monkey hands too, so I couldn't resist how cute it was!  He is a cute little monkey too!  Book set from us!  Love If You Give A Mouse.... series!  He is saying. "Ohhh, paper!  I love that!"  Make-up set from us!  He looooved the paper!  Isaiah opening his Leap Frog laptop from us!  He lik

Turns out...

Third grade is not bad at all! The kids are still pretty sweet and are so excited for me to be there and I am excited too! I think it will be fun to see all that they can do and have fun with them. Yesterday I received 5 notes on my desk about how excited that I was there and about how much fun we were going to have. I think they are right! Hopefully I get the hang of them quickly, because I start teaching Science (Mon and Wed), Social Studies(Tues and Thur), and PE (Fri) next week!